Author Topic: List of SF2 MODULATORS implemented in Virtualmidisynth/BASSMIDI  (Read 1515 times)

Zenxia

but what about fast playback notes as (key 42,54,69 and 70) ? seems irregular volumes.

What is this referring to? If it's a MIDI file then please post that. Also confirm that you have reproduced the problem with MIDITEST.

Also in performance spikes in  live playback, when system gets bad performance spikes, the long notes sound returns delayed [Second 53 of demo of above] and  i can't avoid this.

In your video, it looks like the problem is only happening when using the "Midi Player" software, and not when using MIDITEST. Is that correct? Also, on the occasions when it was still visible, it looked like the player's UI froze at the same time as the sound stalled?

Quoted text of above is incorrect but the photo says that maybe bassmidi line in

The problem is generated via realtime mode
« Last Edit: 1 Jan '22 - 15:53 by Zenxia »

Zenxia

I used the basic theme on test purpose, due in normal is when use the pc in another task, or use HDD medium (more large video)

The problem is the delayed instrument, every   minimal lagg spike (that can be generated by pc) affect the instrument (start delayed)
(special on longest notes). Clip doesn't affect to me.

The delayed instrument will generate bad sinchronization between kick and snare, anteposition of instrument as above.

I'm asking if is possiblem to improve this problem (Realtime is much more notable)

Falcosoft

I used the basic theme on test purpose, due in normal is when use the pc in another task, or use HDD medium (more large video)

The problem is the delayed instrument, every   minimal lagg spike (that can be generated by pc) affect the instrument (start delayed)
(special on longest notes). Clip doesn't affect to me.

The delayed instrument will generate bad sinchronization between kick and snare, anteposition of instrument as above.

I'm asking if is possiblem to improve this problem (Realtime is much more notable)
That's why using that video was a bad choice since it demonsrated a completely different problem unrelated to Bassmidi.
And of course it could confuse Ian so your conversation took an irrelevant turn about application stalling when windows are minimized/maximized and Windows 7 Basic theme is active. 
The point is that your problem has nothing to do with any application stalling. The problem can manifest itself anytime when note messages would require more precision than what is provided by Bassmidi's update period.
Ian:
You cannot reproduce this problem with your MidiTest example since it does not use real time Bassmidi messages (BASS_MIDI_StreamEvent, BASS_MIDI_StreamEvents) but BASS_MIDI_StreamCreateFile(). 

Zenxia

That's why using that video was a bad choice since it demonsrated a completely different problem unrelated to Bassmidi.
And of course it could confuse Ian so your conversation took an irrelevant turn about application stalling when windows are minimized/maximized and Windows 7 Basic theme is active. 
The point is that your problem has nothing to do with any application stalling. The problem can manifest itself anytime when note messages would require more precision than what is provided by Bassmidi's update period.
Ian:
You cannot reproduce this problem with your MidiTest example since it does not use real time Bassmidi messages (BASS_MIDI_StreamEvent, BASS_MIDI_StreamEvents) but BASS_MIDI_StreamCreateFile().
Exactly. The problem not is the windows performance, is the delayed response after lag peaks. that return the sound delayed. But falcosoft know that i talking.

Acclaim: This is not midiplayer specific problem. This also affect other apps. (Bassmidi library issue). Due i tried midiplayer with microsoft GS and twsynth and seems perfectly.
« Last Edit: 2 Jan '22 - 14:46 by Zenxia »

Zenxia

Fixed guys. I discovered what method uses beatnik for normalize+compesate sounds. Very good.

Btw bassmidi doesn't gets lagg anymore, even with overlapping now works fine.
The problem is that bassmidi is more advanced than beatnik.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Good to hear that you've got things working well now.

There is also a new feature coming in the next BASSMIDI release, which may help with any event timing issues that you're having with BASSMIDI-based drivers. The new option will make is easier for users to get greater timing resolution when playing live MIDI events.

rv

Oh yes ... So good to hear that

Zenxia

Ian luck, you can solve the issue of above, this cause sample shifting in standard mode