3 (13%)
Quintessential Player
1 (4.3%)
iTunes
0 (0%)
Other
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Which Media Player  (Read 60776 times)

saga

Re: Which Media Player
« Reply #75 on: 3 Oct '08 - 17:04 »
may i post a silly image again? :)

Pike84

« Reply #76 on: 3 Oct '08 - 17:13 »
Go ahead ;D

Dynobot

« Reply #77 on: 3 Oct '08 - 17:47 »
Then IF you can't hear a difference between players you really should not be in this conversation....its like a blind man in a conversation about paintings. 
Haha.. That's a good one. No, I'm not deaf, I have a good hearing ability.

I'm sure many people would (and do) find differences between different audio decoders, if they were told that one was superior to another. But that's just placebo, the same thing affecting you greatly as an "audiophile". That's where ABX testing comes in. Still waiting for details about your test (assuming you actually did any).

Also, read the above post by Ian a couple of times, if you still think different processors could make a difference.

I won't even bother to comment on the cables...
I read Ian's post and all I could interpret it as saying is...Yes Dynobot is right ;D

Why can't you just believe me ???

And what I hear is not placebo, if it was then it would have shown in the results of the ABX :P

Dynobot

« Reply #78 on: 3 Oct '08 - 17:51 »
You could say my ears are like this...

saga

« Reply #79 on: 3 Oct '08 - 18:12 »
I read Ian's post and all I could interpret it as saying is...Yes Dynobot is right
he's not, coz he doesn't even understand what Ian is talking about!

ok, here the same text for the non-techies!
- SSE is used on MOD files for interpolation. this is the only part where it could be really audible. but:
- as said, those errors than *can* happen are sooooooo extremely small that you wouldn't recognize them even if you'd pass the buffer data 1000 times through a SSE function. just because the error is that small. do you expect computer extensions to be *that* inaccurate that you can clearly hear the difference between to media players?

Pike84

« Reply #80 on: 3 Oct '08 - 18:45 »
This is getting really silly...

I read Ian's post and all I could interpret it as saying is...Yes Dynobot is right ;D

How in the world did you come up with that conclusion? He clearly said that the only situation that SSE could even theoretically cause any differences, are with some MOD files. You, who doesn't even know what a MOD file is, only listening to WAV or FLAC files.

Why can't you just believe me ???

If someone told me that cows could fly, I'd really need some evidence :P.

And what I hear is not placebo, if it was then it would have shown in the results of the ABX :P

Yeah, the ABX tests, that you STILL haven't given ANY notable details of.

It can sometimes be entertaining debating with completely clueless people, but there's only so much fun to be had with a troll ::)...
« Last Edit: 3 Oct '08 - 19:25 by Pike84 »

saga

« Reply #81 on: 3 Oct '08 - 19:16 »
this stopped being entertaining at about page 4 or so. :D

Brian

« Reply #82 on: 3 Oct '08 - 19:31 »
I've never known a discussion on this subject to be anything but a waste of time.