Author Topic: Reverb just about audible playing midi file  (Read 1802 times)

ex-driver

Re: Reverb just about audible playing midi file
« Reply #50 on: 4 May '22 - 18:37 »
Ok. I have created this crash dump. Is this normal that it produce a 800MB  file size? I'm Uploading it now on ftp. I used your final Bassmidi.dll 2.4.14.0 greetings. I hope you can find out whats going on there.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: 5 May '22 - 12:18 »
Thanks. The dump file reveals where the crash happened but not quite how it got to that state, so I'll send you a debug BASSMIDI version to get more info on that.

ex-driver

« Reply #52 on: 5 May '22 - 16:45 »
Okay i did what youu say. I Uploaded them now for you. I hope there is more info.

ex-driver

« Reply #53 on: 5 May '22 - 17:07 »
Okay i found out maybe what crashes the Bassmidi.dll

I reinstalled the VMS and replace step by step the dll Bass.dll and Bassmidi.dll.

First if i patch to 2.4.14.0 all okay. i can apply with no crash. bass.dll is here 2.4.15.0

now i replace it with the bass.dll(X64) 2.4.16.7 and now it appears that the bassmidi.dll crash. so it seems that bass.dll let crash bassmidi on VMS. I dont know if it appears on 2.4.16.0. your new release was so fast XD.

the funny thing is if i patch the Bassmidi.dll back to 2.4.13.0 for example bass.dll 2.4.16.7 will not crash bass midi. I hope that can help.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: 6 May '22 - 12:31 »
The debug log did confirm a few things but unfortunately still not where/why the problem originated, so I'll send you another debug version to check a couple more things.

ex-driver

« Reply #55 on: 6 May '22 - 15:48 »
I did what to do. But this time i got an error message for trasmitting the bassmidi log. screenshot is here.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: 6 May '22 - 15:59 »
Your previous BASSMIDI.LOG file was still on the FTP server, so your new upload failed. I've removed the old file now, so please try again. For future reference, you can rename the file to get around that issue.

ex-driver

« Reply #57 on: 7 May '22 - 11:58 »
Hi. Uploaded the new bassmidi.dll file log. I hope it worked.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: 9 May '22 - 17:06 »
Ah, I think I know what the problem is now. I think VMS is using the BASS_ATTRIB_MIDI_STATE option to copy the state from the old MIDI stream to a new one that it creates after you change settings. I see the BASS_ATTRIB_MIDI_STATE option has a bug in the BASSMIDI 2.4.14 release, where it isn't resetting some old state that's no longer valid, resulting in your crash when the new stream is played. Here's an update (non-debug) for you to try:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassmidi.zip

Let me know if you still see the crash happening with that.

ex-driver

« Reply #59 on: 10 May '22 - 01:27 »
Seems to be fixed =). Nice !! now i can apply and use all new dll files =). Many thx Ian. If find more "bugs" i let u know it =). greetings

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: 10 May '22 - 17:34 »
Great! The BASSMIDI update (2.4.14.1) is up on the BASS webpage now.

nicorac

« Reply #61 on: 10 May '22 - 23:32 »
Ian, I'd like to express once again my appreciation for your invaluable work on BASSMIDI.
I mostly only read your forum (no posting) because, well, you and many of your users have such an high MIDI knowledge that scares me ;D...
I'm only an (I hope good) Windows developer with passionate-level MIDI knowledge; that's why I often forward my "expert" users here on your forum and ask them to backlink their threads to mine.
I think expert people should talk each-other with no intermediates  ;)

Great! The BASSMIDI update (2.4.14.1) is up on the BASS webpage now.

I'll release a new VirtualMIDISynth version in a few hours; thanks for the update and thanks to @ex-driver, @falcosoft and @syryo for the help.

rv

« Reply #62 on: 17 May '22 - 20:47 »
Thank you Ian
Can you tell us more about the reverb alogrithm, if it is based on a known model or dsp api?
Is it stereo?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: 18 May '22 - 15:37 »
It's basically a Feedback Delay Network with some pre/post-processing. The input is mono, and stereo output is generated using a different mix of the FDN outputs on each channel and a little delay.