Author Topic: Support for .NET Core 6 and Maui  (Read 189 times)

eassea

Support for .NET Core 6 and Maui
« on: 1 Dec '21 - 00:31 »
What are the plans for supporting .NET Core 6 and Maui? Apologize if this already answered in another thread, but I could not find it.

Thanks
Eric
« Last Edit: 1 Dec '21 - 00:55 by eassea »

serkanp

Re: Support for .NET Core 6 and Maui
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan '22 - 18:13 »
What are the plans for supporting .NET Core 6 and Maui? Apologize if this already answered in another thread, but I could not find it.

Thanks
Eric

currently (the day i wrote this) dotnet maui preview 11, does not allow to add native/unmanaged dll's to be embedded.. instead you can use xamarin forms, which will later can be converted to maui with a converter tool (maui team announced that). so start with xamarin forms , add native dll's as native resource (search this forum, there are some post how to do it correctly).

radio42 dotnet core and standart versions are already working with dotnet core 6 (waveforms, visualizations which are not part of native bass but radio42 wrapper , still not working)

i am writing a dotnet standart library to cover all android, ios, linux, windows, macos etc .. all my features will be in that library..
just the output visualizations will be on any method (maui, winforms, xamarin forms, electronjs.net etc)

when maui allows to add/embed native dll's , then it will be easy for me.. i suggest you to do the same..

cheers..

radio42

Re: Support for .NET Core 6 and Maui
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan '22 - 18:59 »
I am currently in the process of updating to the latest versions and dependencies.
But I am afraid, that I still need to exclude the WaveForm and Visualizations from and .Net core version, as e.g. the System.Drawing namespace is only supported on a Windows Platform and thus can not be included in any general .Net core version.