Author Topic: windows 11  (Read 167 times)

jakob

windows 11
« on: 4 May '22 - 12:36 »
hi Support

we are using BASS to record audio from devices attached to the PC. We are seeing something strange when recording audio in windows 11. There are holes in the audio. The scenario is that a recording is started and audio is received, no problem. then after a while there are holes in the audio and at some point we stop receiving audio. Some of our customers are saying that they see it using the build-in Windows recorder and still see this phenomenon. Do you have any experience with Window 11 and the problems that might follow, using that OS?

saga

Re: windows 11
« Reply #1 on: 4 May '22 - 13:09 »
Is this something that started happening recently? We have seen similar things starting about 1-2 weeks ago after a Windows update, but only some specific laptops, and it was not just affecting BASS but any recording application (e.g. Audacity). Turning off sound enhancements in Windows or not using the built-in audio device of the laptop supposedly fixed it for them. If that sounds similar to what your users are experiencing, maybe one of them could try and see if they have the same problem in an application like Audacity. If they do, it's a Windows or driver issue.

jakob

« Reply #2 on: 4 May '22 - 13:14 »
Thank you for the reply.
That is interesting. Do you know how to turn off sound enhancements in Windows. Is it the "Enhance audio" feature that i should try and disable?

saga

« Reply #3 on: 4 May '22 - 14:29 »
I cannot tell you which setting exactly would potentially fix the problem, as I don't have any of those settings on my hardware myself. It was some settings in the input device properties dialog, under the "Enhancements" tab.

jakob

« Reply #4 on: 4 May '22 - 15:09 »
okay, thanks anyway.

jakob

« Reply #5 on: 5 May '22 - 09:52 »
I was just wondering.
Is Bass going to include enable and disable of this feature?
Is it even possible to do from an windows api?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 5 May '22 - 12:19 »
I'm not sure there are any (public) APIs to adjust those settings.

If it's a general issue that was introduced in a recent Windows update then hopefully it will be corrected in a future update.