Author Topic: Need help with audio guide, how to use the libraries  (Read 177 times)

beatssQ

Hello, i am beginner programmer and it's to hard to understand how does it works, so i really want to know:

how create wav or mp3 file,
how to concate\merge 2 or more files in one big,
how to change speed of playing\distance
how to set an addition filter to change sounds \\ like echo and other availible  sound effects..

So can somebody help to me with it? Who\what can exchange experiance?

I know prog. languages like c++\c# standart library ( beginner level ). I need help, Can  somebody help to me?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Need help with audio guide, how to use the libraries
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov '21 - 13:39 »
how create wav or mp3 file,

You can use the BASSenc and BASSenc_MP3 add-ons for that: BASS_Encode_Start with BASS_ENCODE_PCM flag for WAV files, and BASS_Encode_MP3_StartFile for MP3 files. Please see the documentation for details, and also the examples included in the BASSenc package (particularly the CONVERT.C example).

how to concate\merge 2 or more files in one big,

You could use the BASSenc add-ons for that too, ie. feed all of the files to the same encoder.

how to change speed of playing\distance

You can change the playback rate via the BASS_ATTRIB_FREQ setting. That will also affect the pitch. If you want to change the speed without changing the pitch then you can use the BASS_FX add-on's tempo processing (see BASS_FX_TempoCreate) for that.

how to set an addition filter to change sounds \\ like echo and other availible  sound effects..

You can use BASS_ChannelSetFX for that. Please see the documentation for details. Note the BASS_FX add-on also provides more effects via BASS_ChannelSetFX.