Author Topic: Default device vs. device type  (Read 456 times)

saga

Default device vs. device type
« on: 31 Jan '22 - 12:33 »
From what I can see, the "Default" device always has an empty BASS_DEVICE_TYPE_MASK. Do you think it would be possible to apply the information from whatever happens to be the current default device to this specific BASS device as well? If that's not possible, would it be safe to assume that I can take the type mask from whatever device is currently marked as BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT is valid for the Default device?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Default device vs. device type
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan '22 - 14:02 »
I think the "Default" device's type is currently set on macOS, but not on Windows. I'll look into that. In the meantime, it should indeed be fine to get it yourself by looking for the real device with the BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT flag set.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb '22 - 13:31 »
Here's an update in which the "Default" device's type should mirror the real default device's type. That's already happening on macOS when the "Default" device is initialized, but not when uninitialized, so here's an update for that too.

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass.zip
   www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass-osx.zip

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

saga

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb '22 - 14:43 »
Thanks, so far there don't appear to be any issues on both macOS and Windows!

David_AVD

« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep '22 - 06:38 »
Does the audio output device list always contain an entry for the default one and is it always the first item?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep '22 - 12:48 »
So long as it hasn't been disabled via BASS_CONFIG_DEV_DEFAULT, device 1 will always be the "Default" device (device 0 is the "No Sound" device).