Author Topic: Changelogs in bassmidi.dll?  (Read 834 times)

Zenxia

Changelogs in bassmidi.dll?
« on: 9 Mar '22 - 18:49 »
exist any changelog on existing versions like github etc?

The reason is that i'm currently measuring some patches in soundblaster that support even cc#7 to initial attenuation
bassmidi have well performance and support some flags, but it's lacking support of modulators and this is needed.

I mean that better is controlled by soundfont instead programming (some soundfont creators doesn't program).

If a one day you implement the modulator i will release more accurated chiptune soundfonts for bassmidi. alter attenuation doesn't seem as solution.

I'm know that decay curves is limitation by standard but can be handled making multi layers on instrument inside soundfont.

Thanks ian. you rock's
« Last Edit: 9 Mar '22 - 18:59 by Zenxia »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Changelogs in bassmidi.dll?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar '22 - 17:20 »
A changelog can be found in the BASSMIDI.TXT file included in the BASSMIDI package. It's also available online here:

www.un4seen.com/doc/#bassmidi/bassmidi.html

Regarding modulator stuff, the next release (and current beta) adds support for Key On Velocity to startAddrsOffset/modEnvToFilterFc and CC21-24 to initialFilterFc/initialAttenuation/attackVolEnv/decayVolEnv/releaseVolEnv/releaseModEnv/modEnvToFilterFc modulators, and support for all Key On Velocity to initialAttenuation modulator curve types.

Zenxia

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar '22 - 09:49 »
A changelog can be found in the BASSMIDI.TXT file included in the BASSMIDI package. It's also available online here:

www.un4seen.com/doc/#bassmidi/bassmidi.html

Regarding modulator stuff, the next release (and current beta) adds support for Key On Velocity to startAddrsOffset/modEnvToFilterFc and CC21-24 to initialFilterFc/initialAttenuation/attackVolEnv/decayVolEnv/releaseVolEnv/releaseModEnv/modEnvToFilterFc modulators, and support for all Key On Velocity to initialAttenuation modulator curve types.

Beta changelogs?

Very nice ian, seems good but can be much better if adds initialAttenuation to cc7. currently i measuring on soundblaster Audigy 2 and seems ok.

Zenxia

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar '22 - 13:44 »

Regarding modulator stuff, the next release (and current beta) adds support for Key On Velocity to startAddrsOffset/modEnvToFilterFc and CC21-24 to initialFilterFc/initialAttenuation

Cc#21-24 Is cuatom modulador

On Audigy 2 sb0090 cc#7 handies inicial attenuation AND cc#10 yo balance cc#91 yo Reverb and cc#93 yo chorus

Zenxia

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar '22 - 04:37 »

Cc#21-24 Is custom modulador

On Audigy 2 sb0090 is cc#7 to inicial attenuation, the cc#10 to balance cc#91 to Reverb and cc#93 to chorus
[/quote]

previous bass_vst takes  cc#94  as slight cc7 controlller.

I think that way better due will be compatible with soundblaster. Soundblaster doesn't use cc21-24. i tried and not. If you can find for add for original modulators, will be better. CC21-25 will be issue. but anyway can add but keep also original CC for compatibility.

This is recommendation. I insist due this is currently included in original .sf2 specifications.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar '22 - 16:22 »
The CC21-24 modulators were added for a user that needed realtime control over the initialFilterFc/initialAttenuation/attackVolEnv/decayVolEnv/releaseVolEnv/releaseModEnv/modEnvToFilterFc values in their app with their own soundfonts. It's not expected that they'll be useful for end-users (like yourself) but perhaps for other app developers with similar requirements.

If you check the modulator source options in Creative's Vienna Soundfont Studio software, you will actually see CC21-24 there. So they appear to be Creative's prefered controllers for custom use, which is why they were chosen for the BASSMIDI update.

Zenxia

« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar '22 - 04:03 »
The CC21-24 modulators were added for a user that needed realtime control over the initialFilterFc/initialAttenuation/attackVolEnv/decayVolEnv/releaseVolEnv/releaseModEnv/modEnvToFilterFc values in their app with their own soundfonts. It's not expected that they'll be useful for end-users (like yourself) but perhaps for other app developers with similar requirements.

If you check the modulator source options in Creative's Vienna Soundfont Studio software, you will actually see CC21-24 there. So they appear to be Creative's prefered controllers for custom use, which is why they were chosen for the BASSMIDI update.

Ok, can priorize more end users, i don't asking a experimental features like custom curve flags bugs etc. i'm requesting due standard is CC#7 to attenuation. This is used by DLS2 and SF2. (my soundfont is soundblaster measured) but i have problem with cc#7 to attenuation.

The Qualcomm Brew 4.4 synth uses CC#7 to initial, chippy bank, Mango Bank also.
That not uses this is Faith, Lloyd bank Mobile030|050|060|100|150|blackjack and bada, Why not end users, can be bassmidi adds niodulators progressively?

end users make banks, use modulators and experimental users can modify another flags. If soundblaster audigy that is base of bassmidi.
Vienna is one, and specification is other, if specification says that cc#7 to initial attenuation  changes the knob curve why bassmidi whant assign this to custom?

BTW, CC22 seems as classic CC94 without vsti loaded

« Last Edit: 25 Mar '22 - 06:40 by Zenxia »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar '22 - 16:29 »
Sorry, but there are still no plans for custom CC7 modulator support, or indeed custom modulators for any standard MIDI controllers. CC21-24 aren't standard MIDI controllers so there's no issue with customising them.

Zenxia

« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar '22 - 06:04 »
Sorry, but there are still no plans for custom CC7 modulator support, or indeed custom modulators for any standard MIDI controllers. CC21-24 aren't standard MIDI controllers so there's no issue with customising them.

Ok, is well, but CC7 modulator, is included in the sf2 specification (and i mean that bassmidi is based on soundblaster or at least tries to emulate soundblaster) i tried my soundfont on soundblaster and cc7 work perfect. in futher release try cc#7 to initial attenuation cc#10 to pan cc#91 to initial reverb and cc#93 to chorus and this is not custom, is original controllers. Anyway my soundfont is measured and not need fixes if adds support to cc#7 in futher releases.

But bassmidi seems better sample handling.

« Last Edit: 26 Mar '22 - 06:59 by Zenxia »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 28 Mar '22 - 17:41 »
The SF2 spec's default CC7/10/11/91/93 modulators basically match the MIDI standard processing of those controllers (except the CC91/93 amounts are too low). BASSMIDI applies the standard processing of those controllers, so BASSMIDI effectively supports the SF2 default modulators (except the CC91/93 amounts are now 100% instead of 20%). It is customisation of those modulators that BASSMIDI doesn't support.

Zenxia

« Reply #10 on: 31 Mar '22 - 17:20 »
The SF2 spec's default CC7/10/11/91/93 modulators basically match the MIDI standard processing of those controllers (except the CC91/93 amounts are too low). BASSMIDI applies the standard processing of those controllers, so BASSMIDI effectively supports the SF2 default modulators (except the CC91/93 amounts are now 100% instead of 20%). It is customisation of those modulators that BASSMIDI doesn't support.

CC91 and 93 not is important, due can be controller as master and just add more reverb or not in sf2. but cc7 is dependant of soundfont due make differences between original synth and soundfont.

CC10 to pan also as cc91 and cc93, if you mix stereo in mono channel is the same, is not important.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar '22 - 17:26 by Zenxia »

Zenxia

« Reply #11 on: 9 Sep '22 - 03:29 »

CC#22 is issue, is a simple CC7 over CC7, What alternative for change cc#7 curve inside sf2 like a soundblaster?

Newme4116

« Reply #12 on: 15 Sep '22 - 17:05 »
can someone give me a little explanation here what is wrong.. I have midi player 6.1.1 after your explanation that the controller 21 to 25 is supported. and honestly i had done some modification for my soundfonts with polyphonic synt and indeed it works. now for no reason at all it suddenly doesn't work anymore my controllers are no longer supported. is there anything i should do or know?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep '22 - 17:18 »
If you use Process Explorer to check what BASSMIDI.DLL is loaded by the app, what version does it show? It needs to be at least 2.4.14 for the CC21-24 support.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Falcosoft

« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep '22 - 19:02 »
If you use Process Explorer to check what BASSMIDI.DLL is loaded by the app, what version does it show? It needs to be at least 2.4.14 for the CC21-24 support.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Hi Ian,
OP has found me on FaceBook and it seems it was a soundfont related problem. BTW Midi Player 6.1.1 uses Bassmidi 2.4.14.1 and it always loads Bass libraries from its own folder.  I have tested and CC# 21-24 are working perfectly with my test soundfont.

Zenxia

« Reply #15 on: 18 Sep '22 - 22:08 »
I mean that better way is assign the reverb modulator to CC#91 Chorus modulator to cc#93 and the initial attenuation to CC#7. Please try at least ian.

Common midis uses CC7 CC10 CC91 CC93 instead own CC#21 22 23 24

For me can't measure due for make 100% synth. I'm lack of this controlllers, that is a problem due kicks seems very loud and can't controlled by dynamic midi CC#7 if i use cc#21 only changes the attenuation that i can modify with falcosoft Simple gain controller VST. You need try to add cc#7 to initial attenuation controller and show answer after this. I think that all controllers will be useful for all users.

ˇAny solution alternative for this? I'm asking this due i'm don't have alternative.
Other alternative is that if you set that cc7 curves be controlled by your owns controllers. Can insert any positive switch curve and will be as cc7 to attenuation. But just modifies the midi volume as external VST or float volume.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep '22 - 06:43 by Zenxia »