Author Topic: "Allways on top" feature not working  (Read 8739 times)

Alrick

"Allways on top" feature not working
« on: 20 Aug '04 - 22:27 »
As always, i start with apologising for raising a theme (probably) already mentioned, but still.

Any 3.x XMPlayer has an "Allways on top" feature not working. It's OK with 2.8, but any newer version just doesn't stay on top of windows.
My system's WinXP SP1.

Zarggg

Re:"Allways on top" feature not working
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug '04 - 22:55 »
DBRQ: Do you have any other windows open that are set for "always on top"?

Alrick

Nope
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug '04 - 23:40 »
It's not that easy, really.

Jace

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug '04 - 05:15 »
A while back the 'mini mode always on top' was taken away and there is now a checkbox in Options and stuff window, Miscellaneous tab. Down on the bottom, saying 'Always on-top'..
Perhaps that is the issue. :)
« Last Edit: 21 Aug '04 - 05:15 by Jace »

Alrick

Right
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug '04 - 16:49 »
That's the thing i'm talking about. It makes no difference if that option is checked or not, the player refuses to stay on top all the same.

Torkell

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug '04 - 19:40 »
Are you using an alternate window manager? (something other than explorer.exe)

Alrick

Nope again
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug '04 - 21:22 »
Why does it matter anyway? "On top" doesn't mean just "on top of Windows Explorer", right?

Pike84

« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug '04 - 23:42 »
I don't know what is wrong. "Always on top" works here fine.

Vesh

Re:Nope again
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug '04 - 03:36 »
Why does it matter anyway?
Wow. You sound so grateful!  ::)

Tsorovan

« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug '04 - 04:15 »
I'm guessing it might be one of those Windows slump errors (coincidentally, 'slump' means 'random' in Swedish) that you'll get sooner or later. You said v2.8 is fine, yes? Was it fine back when you used v2.8 or have you tried using v2.8 ever since it started happening? I'm only asking so we can rule out direct third-party software involvement.

Alrick

« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug '04 - 11:37 »
Was it fine back when you used v2.8 or have you tried using v2.8 ever since it started happening? I'm only asking so we can rule out direct third-party software involvement.

I started using XMPlayer from 2.8 (stayed on top just fine) and have recently upgraded it to 3.1. 2.8 is the version i use now - it's all too convinient to have player's control panel available no matter what prog i work in. The reason of this post is to attract attention to a thing that looks like a bug to me. If you think it's just random, bad luck for me, but i'll manage.

Torkell

Re:Nope again
« Reply #11 on: 22 Aug '04 - 13:07 »
Why does it matter anyway? "On top" doesn't mean just "on top of Windows Explorer", right?
Dunno. Just a thought. Some recent problems may have been to do with them. Or maybe I'm just confused. ::)

I'll stop trying to confuse you all ;D