Here's a simple alarm clock for XMPlay 3.x (or newer I guess/hope).
This program will play a song in XMPlay at a given time. Both programs have to be running
and XMPlay should be loaded with a song but stopped at the alarm time.
Features of XMPlayAlarm:
- Shows current time (top left) and alarm time (top center)
- Time can be set via buttons or via mouse wheel
- A selectable volume fading duration can be activated for smooth awakening
- Test button for checking connection to XMPlay and the desired volume fade settings
- A simple executable and settings stored in INI file. Nothing stored in registry.
- Icon in systray which toggles the applications visiblity
- Shows active song title in systray and main window with full unicode support
- Option screen gives access to XMPlay's "Playlist Undo" function.
(I included the playlist undo becasue it's easy accessible via DDE but somehow I
couldn't find the function in the player itself. Maybe it is unstable, but it
works for me very well)
I mainly wrote this for myself, but I guess this could be useful for others as well. Main inspiration was a WinAmp plugin called ClockAmp
A sleep and snooze function are still to do, but it is already quite useable.
Feedback of any kind would be appreciated.
Greetings from Switzerland,