Author Topic: DetectCuePoints hang on some WMA files.  (Read 1531 times)

dpekin

DetectCuePoints hang on some WMA files.
« on: 10 Sep '09 - 23:36 »
Hello,

I'm using the DetectCuePoints function for lead in and post silence detection.  Most of the time it works fine. 

I have found one WMA file that the DetectCuePoints function never returns from.  It hangs.  This suspect file plays fine on other players including XMPlay.  Any thoughts on what is going on here and how to detect a "bad" file that may hang the system? 

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Dave

radio42

Re: DetectCuePoints hang on some WMA files.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep '09 - 08:36 »
Can you please send me the troublesome file (e.g. via a download link in a PM), so I can take a look what is going on there.

radio42

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep '09 - 10:42 »
I have received your wma file via Ian, but unfortunately I was unable to reproduce your problem.
What parameters are you using with the DetectCuePoints function?
And what BASS.NET verison are you using?

Can you also try the latest one here:
www.un4seen.com/filez/4/Bass24.Net_pre.zip

radio42

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep '09 - 12:13 »
Any news on this one?

dpekin

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep '09 - 21:40 »
Thank you for the update.  I was using Bass.Net version 2.4.4.0.

That file does not hang with the current version.  The Init call parameters have changed since 2.4.4.  Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thank you.

Regards,

-Dave

radio42

« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep '09 - 07:28 »
Nope, it was really just the BASS_Init signature which changed due to some problems with VB.Net users and some under Linux using mono having trouble with it.

Dave Brierley-Jones

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug '17 - 18:57 »
Hello.

We just had a situation where the    Un4seen.Bass.Utils.DetectCuePoints routine hung and never returned a value -thus meaning the application was stuck. The file was a .mp3. We use the detect cue points to find the start and end of the actual audio in the file. Using all the latest .dlls