Author Topic: Playlist name  (Read 2939 times)

fannya76

Playlist name
« on: 4 Nov '09 - 16:59 »
Hi,

I'm just beginning to use XMPlay, i've searched in the forum but found nothing :

I wondered if there was a way to show the current playlist name. (anywhere : info window or else)

I like to manage my playlists and I'm afraid to make mistakes adding or deleting songs from wrong playlists.

Thanks for your help.

Dotpitch

Re: Playlist name
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov '09 - 17:17 »
I wondered if there was a way to show the current playlist name. (anywhere : info window or else)
No, because XMPlay has only one playlist.
I like to manage my playlists and I'm afraid to make mistakes adding or deleting songs from wrong playlists.
'List - Undo' is a nice shortcut ;). XMPlay will not automatically change your own playlist files, you have to save them manually.

fannya76

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov '09 - 17:28 »
Thanks Dotpitch,

so there's no way for XMPLay (or someone to implement that :) ) to "get back" the filename of the playlist to show it.

Ok, I will be prudent before saving my modifications but it's sad,

even just to know which playlist i'm listening to - after hours i'm not sure which it is :)

I hope this will be possible some day.

thanks again ;)

Zarggg

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov '09 - 23:40 »
I think most of us here just keep track of what they're listening to, instead of depending on a program to tell us. ::)

Dotpitch

« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov '09 - 09:26 »
so there's no way for XMPLay (or someone to implement that :) ) to "get back" the filename of the playlist to show it. Ok, I will be prudent before saving my modifications but it's sad, even just to know which playlist i'm listening to - after hours i'm not sure which it is :) I hope this will be possible some day.
Perhaps you should change your way of working. Instead of using playlists, you can also use XMPlays built-in library in combination with the search function. Btw, are your playlists so similar that you cannot discern them based on the tracks they're playing?

Pike84

« Reply #5 on: 5 Nov '09 - 16:05 »
All good points/suggestions, but it should be trivial to make the playlist's filename show somewhere in the player, no?

amit

« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov '09 - 19:41 »
I am not sure if this information is even stored anywhere once the playlist has loaded.

Ian once said that v3.5 might have the possibility to utilize multiple playlists. Maybe the next xmplay release then will offer more flexibility in this respect.