31 Oct '14 - 09:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for 3.6  (Read 105466 times)
Knurek

« Reply #400 on: 18 Oct '10 - 20:21 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ian, would it be possible to have an option to modify handling of natively supported filetypes (WAV, MP3, OGG) to skip using XMPlay's replay engine for files with a different extension than the usual?

Here's something to try...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Rather than a "skip" option, each plugin has its own "priority filetypes" list. If any plugin has a file's extension in its list, it will get 1st try at the file. If multiple plugins have the extension, they will be tried in the order that they are shown in the "Input" plugins options page. If all priority plugins have been unsuccessful, the usual order of things follows (ie. built-in decoders, then the plugins).

Seems to be a hit and miss - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've uploaded two examples to the FTP, one working and one not, along with vgmstream plugin. My settings for priority file extensions is: "lwav, logg, mp3, scd, msf" without the " characters.

//Edit

Ah, never mind, removing the commas fixes that. Thanks a lot, all seems to be in order. Smiley

//Edit 2

Though to clear future confusion, I'd suggest supporting both comma and colon separated lists. Smiley
« Last Edit: 18 Oct '10 - 21:12 by Knurek » Logged
Chinese Sausage

« Reply #401 on: 18 Oct '10 - 21:47 »
Reply with quoteQuote

It 'works' with the downmix option enabled, but only the left speaker is active.  What I need is monoized output (mono downmix cloned to both speakers, like when playing a mono MP3 file).

It also does this with ASIO Output, but seems to work well with DirectSound and WaveOut.
« Last Edit: 19 Oct '10 - 01:38 by Chinese Sausage » Logged
SmartOne

« Reply #402 on: 19 Oct '10 - 01:23 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Archive contents are visible to native plugins (eg. the MIDI plugin can load an SF2 soundfont from within the same archive as a MIDI file), but unfortunately that isn't possible with Winamp plugins. It could be achieved by extracting all of the files to disk, but that would be slow and wasteful (there's nothing to say that the other files are wanted).

Couldn't only the requested files that are required to render a track (not solid archive) be extracted to memory and given to the Winamp plugins through some sort of wrapper/abstraction/polymorphism/function pointer/magic/virtual reality/computer science?  That would be cool.
Dotpitch

« Reply #403 on: 19 Oct '10 - 05:16 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Couldn't only the requested files that are required to render a track (not solid archive) be extracted to memory ...
That is what happens for native plugins, but Winamp plugins don't request additional files via XMPlay.
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #404 on: 19 Oct '10 - 13:37 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Seems to be a hit and miss - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've uploaded two examples to the FTP, one working and one not, along with vgmstream plugin. My settings for priority file extensions is: "lwav, logg, mp3, scd, msf" without the " characters.

//Edit

Ah, never mind, removing the commas fixes that. Thanks a lot, all seems to be in order. Smiley

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the filetype lists are space delimited (like the "Ignore filetypes" option).
amit

« Reply #405 on: 20 Oct '10 - 16:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Is it possible to add rating field to title formatting?

I thought this must be a very minor request Wink While in mini mode - it would be nice to see if rating is already present without opening the list.
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #406 on: 21 Oct '10 - 15:49 »
Reply with quoteQuote

If it's just that you want to see the current track's rating, I guess a shortcut to show that will suffice? Smiley

amit

« Reply #407 on: 21 Oct '10 - 18:50 »
Reply with quoteQuote

If it's just that you want to see the current track's rating, I guess a shortcut to show that will suffice? Smiley

Ian , thanks but... Wink

I was hoping it would be  possible to know this info from just a glimpse at the mini mode without any other actions. Otherwise I can just hover the mini mode and quickly see the list.
SmartOne

« Reply #408 on: 22 Oct '10 - 05:13 »
Reply with quoteQuote

//Edit

//Edit 2

Though to clear future confusion, I'd suggest supporting both comma and colon separated lists. Smiley

I enter SCD in vgmstream's priority list, and XMPlay still handles the files.  What am I doing wrong?
Zarggg

« Reply #409 on: 22 Oct '10 - 14:58 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Did you remove the association from XMPlay first?
Dotpitch

« Reply #410 on: 22 Oct '10 - 17:30 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Did you remove the association from XMPlay first?
That should not have anything to do with it, as it should be played in XMPlay by the VGMStream plugin.

I enter SCD in vgmstream's priority list, and XMPlay still handles the files.
Is it perhaps case-sensitive? What if you add another filetype?
SmartOne

« Reply #411 on: 23 Oct '10 - 00:46 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I entered "scd."  Can't get the files to loop...
Shanyy

« Reply #412 on: 25 Oct '10 - 01:21 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm using XmPlay long since, I absolutely adore it, and make a great use of it. Professional, compact, and customizable.
One of its useful functions is the Spectrum (3D) visualizer, which I use for "MIDIfying" music, it makes easier to determine the the pitch of some tones, the , and the rhythm.
If it isn't too hard to manage, I would kindly request to make it a bit more customizable, with options like these:
 - minimum and maximum values of the displayable frequencies
 - speed of the slow and the fast progression of the vis.
 - a customizable horizontal reference line at a specified frequency or note, and its octaves
 - ability to change between linear and logarithmyc vertical scale

These functions presumably can be found in professional studio and audio editor programs, and may wouldn't be too widely used, if they were integrated in XmPlay... They are just some ideas from me.
Pike84

« Reply #413 on: 27 Oct '10 - 13:30 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Would it be possible to differentiate urls/radios from other playlist entries so that they wouldn't be picked in normal play?

I have a large playlist that I usually have on random play, and I have some radio stations scattered around there too, that I listen to on occasion, but wouldn't like to get in the way of randomly playing my local files. This could also be extended to other endless/looping files, like tfx-files or some mods with auto-looping on.

I know there are already several other solutions to this and I'm just being lazy, but hey, that's all I can come up with at this point - I think I said something along the lines of XMPlay being perfect like 5+ years ago Tongue
« Last Edit: 27 Oct '10 - 13:35 by Pike84 » Logged
Jace

« Reply #414 on: 27 Oct '10 - 17:29 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Would it help to mark them to 'Skip'? Then they wouldn't show up in normal play, but you can still play 'em by doubleclicking.
moriez

« Reply #415 on: 27 Oct '10 - 21:22 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Configurable actions in context menu

Does this mean that for example ''open with xm-play'' can be configured to appear before ''add to xmplay-list''?
If not, that would be my request. It makes more sense that ''open..'' comes first because generally speaking more folders/files are opened than added.

Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: 27 Oct '10 - 21:24 by moriez » Logged
SmartOne

« Reply #416 on: 28 Oct '10 - 04:11 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Uh, Knurek, how did you make this work?
Dotpitch

« Reply #417 on: 28 Oct '10 - 05:21 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Configurable actions in context menu
Does this mean that for example ''open with xm-play'' can be configured to appear before ''add to xmplay-list''?
No, it's about the context menu in XMPlays playlist, so you can add actions to be executed with command line tools or consisting of several shortcuts.

If not, that would be my request.
Looking at it here, Windows seems to sort the actions alphabetically.
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #418 on: 28 Oct '10 - 11:57 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Did you actually enter the '.' character? If so, that is probably the cause of the problem. If removing it doesn't help, please point me to the plugin in question and an example file to reproduce the problem with.
Pike84

« Reply #419 on: 28 Oct '10 - 15:08 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Would it help to mark them to 'Skip'? Then they wouldn't show up in normal play, but you can still play 'em by doubleclicking.
Yeah, that would do the trick, but I often have those radio urls scattered around the list, and the point was to make that skipping automatic by recognizing them as such.

Another option would be to somehow separate them from local files more concretely - perhaps something like Winamp's radio browser view (but with as little bloat as possible, of course).

Anyway, this isn't anything urgent or important, just something that came in mind.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct '10 - 15:11 by Pike84 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: