22 Nov '14 - 17:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for 3.6  (Read 106790 times)
amit

« Reply #480 on: 20 Dec '10 - 18:39 »
Reply with quoteQuote

It's getting a bit late, but if you can suggest a good syntax for that, then perhaps something can be arranged Smiley

%Rating=1 %Rating=3 ....
%R1,%R2,%R3...
*1,*2,*3...

I would choose a generic syntax to represent library technical info. This way  leaves an opening  for other requests regarding more library "tags" in the future Wink
« Last Edit: 21 Dec '10 - 04:49 by amit » Logged
oddiophile

« Reply #481 on: 21 Dec '10 - 03:16 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here's another suggestion: A button, similar to 'Clear Private Data' used by web browsers to remove the URL history, folder history, playlist entries and other stuff that XMPlay stores inside the ini file or Windows registry.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec '10 - 03:24 by oddiophile » Logged
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #482 on: 21 Dec '10 - 14:06 »
Reply with quoteQuote

%Rating=1 %Rating=3 ....
%R1,%R2,%R3...
*1,*2,*3...

I would choose a generic syntax to represent library technical info. This way  leaves an opening  for other requests regarding more library "tags" in the future Wink

OK. That will need some thought, so probably best not to rush it in for the 3.6 release. Perhaps something for 3.6.1 Smiley

Here's another suggestion: A button, similar to 'Clear Private Data' used by web browsers to remove the URL history, folder history, playlist entries and other stuff that XMPlay stores inside the ini file or Windows registry.

I'll add a "Clear history" button to clear the URL/folder/search history. There is also a "NoHistory" XMPLAY.INI setting that can be used (set to 1) to disable the storing of that information.
Chinese Sausage

« Reply #483 on: 21 Dec '10 - 15:21 »
Reply with quoteQuote

When changing skins, the Extended Playlist/Library window keeps shrinking in size. Is it possible to fix this in 3.6, or better yet, have XMPlay remember the settings for each skin?

Thanks in advance!
Pike84

« Reply #484 on: 21 Dec '10 - 15:48 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sounds like you have "Auto-resize" ticked (top left of the playlist). Remembering the size for each skin would be new though.
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #485 on: 21 Dec '10 - 16:48 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I suspect it may actually be with "Auto-resize" disabled. XMPlay will try to retain the info window size then, but that may not be possible while keeping a whole number of playlist/library entries displayed. Here's an update that should at least not always favour shrinking the window over expanding it in that case...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe
Chinese Sausage

« Reply #486 on: 21 Dec '10 - 17:32 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sounds like you have "Auto-resize" ticked (top left of the playlist). Remembering the size for each skin would be new though.

As Ian suspected, the "Auto-resize" was not ticked, and I was always having this issue since I began using XMPlay years ago. With this update it sometimes adds or subtracts a column of information on the playlist, but it does not keep shrinking the window size when you keep changing between skins. Finally it is balanced! This update also seemed to fix similar issues with the playlist when the player is in mini-mode.

Thank you for this much needed update! Smiley
raina

« Reply #487 on: 21 Dec '10 - 19:23 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I would like to see the Crossfade manual changes slider scale extended beyond 100%, to possibly 200% or 400%.

I often find my playlist (or perhaps myself) in a state where I want to preserve a certain mood. With no pause, a quick crossfade between most tracks time works, most of the time. But then along comes a track I find I want to skip and suddenly the crossfade is too short for a manual change resulting in an abrupt change worse than the actual "offending" track. Making manual changes actually longer than normal crossfades would - I think - soften the effect.
Chinese Sausage

« Reply #488 on: 22 Dec '10 - 10:14 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Regarding the Formatting string, would it be possible to add the the bitrate of the track being played? This can be very useful with skins that don't have the bitrate and filetype feature available. Wink

Cheers!
amit

« Reply #489 on: 22 Dec '10 - 16:45 »
Reply with quoteQuote

OK. That will need some thought, so probably best not to rush it in for the 3.6 release. Perhaps something for 3.6.1 Smiley

Sure. 3.6.1 sounds perfect, but the problem is that the more time is passing - the more related thoughts arise ... For example - if already making it possible to find tracks according to numeric library data , like rating , why not allow "smaller than" and "larger than" (<> signs) rules as well.
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #490 on: 23 Dec '10 - 15:04 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sure. 3.6.1 sounds perfect, but the problem is that the more time is passing - the more related thoughts arise ... For example - if already making it possible to find tracks according to numeric library data , like rating , why not allow "smaller than" and "larger than" (<> signs) rules as well.

Well, it's better to have those thoughts before implementing something rather than after Smiley
Chinese Sausage

« Reply #491 on: 3 May '12 - 17:14 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Suggestions for XMPlay 3.6

Requested:
Interface

- Flash current track in playlist/library

Here's an example of what I mean (it flashes a little slower actually):

Here's what it currently looks like in XMPlay:

It is more practical and easier on the eyes to find the current track, either on the Playlist or the Media Library. I would LOVE to have this feature implemented in XMPlay  Cool

I've already suggested this feature. I would like it to be implemented in XMPlay, with the option of disabling it. With would make the name of the current track on the playlist and specially in the library MUCH easier to locate.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: