Author Topic: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 358112 times)

saga

Re: 3.4 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #825 on: 4 Dec '09 - 21:49 »
somehow, the latest queue changes appear to clean the queue when jumping to a track that's not in the queue or something. I have track a playing, track b and c are queued and when I double-click track a again, the queue is empty.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #826 on: 7 Dec '09 - 16:10 »
About the equalizer sliders... Does the level jumps determined by the graphical scale of the skin? I see that different skins jumps differently when I move the slider by the mouse.

In the dsp page the sliders can be chosen and then moved by up/down keys but there is no tooltip to show the values. Are the jumps there also determined by the graphic scale of the slider?

Is it possible to allow jumps of 0.1 by up/down arrow in both dsp page and output panel (even if they are not shown graphically in the slider)?

The EQ sliders in the "DSP" options page currently use 1 dB steps. The skin's EQ sliders' steps are determined by the height of the slider, but the mouse wheel can be used to have 1 dB steps there too. The step size could be reduced, but is that fine adjustment really needed?

somehow, the latest queue changes appear to clean the queue when jumping to a track that's not in the queue or something. I have track a playing, track b and c are queued and when I double-click track a again, the queue is empty.

Are you double-clicking in the library rather than the playlist? If so, yep, that would be explained by the latest queue changes (tracks played from the library or search results replace the queue). Here's an update in which the tracks will be inserted at the front of the queue instead...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

saga

« Reply #827 on: 7 Dec '09 - 18:36 »
I uses the playlist for that. However, I can't seem to reproduce it anymore right now, so maybe the latest version fixed that.

Speedvicio

« Reply #828 on: 8 Dec '09 - 12:15 »
In windows 7 x64 in context menu "open with xmplay", if xmplay already open,  the player don't play the new song.

Dotpitch

« Reply #829 on: 8 Dec '09 - 13:03 »
In windows 7 x64 in context menu "open with xmplay", if xmplay already open,  the player don't play the new song.
On the Integration page of Options and stuff, what actions do you have for 'Default action' and 'Play listed tracks'?

winner

« Reply #830 on: 8 Dec '09 - 20:57 »
I have Windows 7 X64 and this function works as expected. XMPlay will play the new song.

saga

« Reply #831 on: 8 Dec '09 - 22:29 »
yeah, that's because it's an xmplay option and has nothing to do with the OS.

Elrinth

« Reply #832 on: 11 Dec '09 - 13:39 »
not sure if this only happens to me or if it's something which also happens for you guys. but can you try and open this song in xmplay. it opens and plays in winamp. Xmplay just doesn't want to add it to the playlist.

I am using version 3.4.2.126
« Last Edit: 11 Dec '09 - 13:50 by Elrinth »

winner

« Reply #833 on: 11 Dec '09 - 14:43 »
not sure if this only happens to me or if it's something which also happens for you guys. but can you try and open this song in xmplay. it opens and plays in winamp. Xmplay just doesn't want to add it to the playlist.

I am using version 3.4.2.126
I'm using version 3.4.2.137. I downloaded this file to my desktop and tried to play in XMPlay, after making sure that .xm files were associated. It doesn't open and play for me either. I can't verify the behavior in Winamp since after having installed the last beta version I got some errors and at the moment have Winamp uninstalled.

Jace

« Reply #834 on: 11 Dec '09 - 21:48 »
The .xm file is actually a .zip. Contains the file "XM.depression, but why?". My guess is the questionmark in filename (Not particularly valid in Windows environment).

Rename to .zip, unzip the file (questionmark should be replaced with a valid character. If not, rename manually), the song plays fine.

Cris

« Reply #835 on: 12 Dec '09 - 11:42 »
The .xm file is actually a .zip.
Actually, it's format is gzip, not zip (according to 7ZIP). But it's not much of a difference, unless you use a tool that only know plain ZIP format. :)

Elrinth

« Reply #836 on: 13 Dec '09 - 17:41 »
okay.. thanx guys :D

DjPsicopatha

« Reply #837 on: 14 Dec '09 - 17:25 »
Hi Ian Luck and everyone that loves this useful lightweight player!, i use XMPlay a lot and i put it as a default player in my PC, currently i use XMPlay downloaded from stuff v3.4.2.147
I am experiment Win7 and it works fine, i use XMPlay also for playing files that have about 3 hours im mp4 (AAC SBR PS) audio format, xmpaac input plugin work smooth and i scroll songs easily, so my suggestion is:
Please do a option like a checkbox to make XMPlay save playback position every 5 minutes, XMPlay already have a option for save playback position upon closing, its very nice, but eventualy crash or forced restarts of system make any app exit without save anything, so you can make like this: Save playback position every [ ] minutes (or seconds, you do what you think better) you can also make it only configurable in xmplay.ini file, like: SavePlaybackPosEvery=5, i stay contented anyway.

Much appreciated!

piovrauz

« Reply #838 on: 15 Dec '09 - 07:46 »
I second that one. Seems useful to me.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #839 on: 15 Dec '09 - 14:38 »
Please do a option like a checkbox to make XMPlay save playback position every 5 minutes, XMPlay already have a option for save playback position upon closing, its very nice, but eventualy crash or forced restarts of system make any app exit without save anything...

Do you have the "Save playback position upon closing" option (Miscellaneous page) enabled? That won't help when crashing (hopefully that's a rare occurrence!), but it should save the position when Windows restarts.

amit

« Reply #840 on: 15 Dec '09 - 19:39 »
In queue view - when using the shortcut "list nav - Find all" all files are selected instead of only those matching the search criteria.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #841 on: 16 Dec '09 - 15:46 »
That should be sorted now...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

infimum

« Reply #842 on: 19 Jan '10 - 19:58 »
Well, it's 3.5.0.5 now.

But when I use the shortcut key to close XMPlay and start it again, the playback position isn't restored. In fact, every file is unloaded. Can anyone confirm this?

Dotpitch

« Reply #843 on: 19 Jan '10 - 20:29 »
But when I use the shortcut key to close XMPlay and start it again, the playback position isn't restored. In fact, every file is unloaded. Can anyone confirm this?
Definitely not happening here. Is your xmplay.pls or xmplay.ini marked as read-only? Does it happen as well when you use the right-click menu of the Close button?

Well, it's 3.5.0.5 now.
3.5 reports, queries and bugs

infimum

« Reply #844 on: 19 Jan '10 - 21:57 »
OK, "close" and "close with position saved" are different things. Was it like this in 3.4?

See, I moved to 3.5, like today  ;D

saga

« Reply #845 on: 20 Jan '10 - 06:25 »
"close with position saved" and similar right-click actions were adding during development of 3.4. I think only "close" existed before.