Author Topic: BASS for Android  (Read 396997 times)

gicci

Re: BASS for Android
« Reply #1350 on: 6 Feb '18 - 19:36 »
Hi Ian,

with this release I am no longer getting crashes on SoundFont close.

Thank you.

astrohoff

« Reply #1351 on: 7 Feb '18 - 00:49 »
Test file is uploaded. I get the same behavior with the 2.4.13.8 version. To check if the problem was with the communication between C# and Java, I did the same series of events as the MIDI file, but entirely in a Java-side function, and that has the same behavior. The only other explanations I can think of is that either Unity is somehow mucking up the plugin, or I'm doing something so dumb that you haven't thought to check it...
I'll make a test app to test the Java code independent of Unity.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #1352 on: 7 Feb '18 - 17:22 »
That's very strange. I can't reproduce the problem with the uploaded MIDI file either; the 6 notes are played fine. I'm testing with the MIDITEST example that's included in the package in the 1st post. Can you try that there? Here's a prebuilt version that you can quickly try:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/miditest.apk

astrohoff

« Reply #1353 on: 8 Feb '18 - 01:05 »
I am unable to set the soundfont in the app; it doesn't show anything in the sdcard folder where I have the soundfont. It also seems to be having problems showing the contents of subfolders, as any folder opened by going down a level appears as empty. Going up a level does show the proper folders though. See attached screenshot.

Edit: Actually I might just be confused. But regardless I haven't been able to locate my soundfont or midi files with the app.
« Last Edit: 8 Feb '18 - 14:58 by astrohoff »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #1354 on: 8 Feb '18 - 15:30 »
The MIDITEST example defaults to the path given by Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory, but it's possible that your files are elsewhere. In that case, you can go to the root directory (using the ".." option) and then navigate to the correct location.