28 Jul '14 - 07:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: BASSWASAPI beta  (Read 102796 times)
radio42

« Reply #140 on: 27 Jul '11 - 08:39 »
Reply with quoteQuote

When you popuplate a combobox the items are objects!
The combobox uses the 'ToString' overload of the item's class to display it's value.
So simply implement the overload for the 'ToString' method for your 'AudioDevice' class:
public class AudioDevice
{
    public AudioDevice()
    { }

public int DeviceID { get; set; }
    public string DeviceName { get; set; }

public override string ToString()
    {
        return DeviceName;
    }
}

The crash you experience when using cmbDevOut.Items.Add(_AudioDevice.DeviceName); instead of cmbDevOut.Items.Add(_AudioDevice); is probably due to the fact, that when you access the cmbDevOut.SelectedItem you cast this back to (AudioDevice).
But when adding a string to the combobox item's you can not cast them back to an AudioDevice ;-)
BaseHead

« Reply #141 on: 27 Jul '11 - 08:56 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Whoo!
You rock!!     Grin
I was just scratching my head cuz I thought for sure everyone would want real names filled in the combo boxes and I didn't see mention of it so I figure it was something wrong on my end till I popped it in a test app with the same results.

all good now!
thx!

Steve

morcibacsi

« Reply #142 on: 28 Jul '11 - 21:02 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi!

I'm trying to record from stereo mix and from mic using BassMix to an mp3 file with C#, but I could not get it to work. Tried to set things up using a BassWasapiHandler, and without it too, but due to the "new nature" of this stuff, I couldn't came up with nothing Sad There aren't as many examples as with regular BASS stuff Sad Could anybody give me a kickstart with the BassWasapiHandler and the encoder part please? :$

What I have so far:
        private EncoderLAME encoder;
        private int stereo_mixer;
        private int microphone;
        private int mixer;
        private BassWasapiHandler stereoHandler;
        private BassWasapiHandler micHandler;
        private void btStartWASAPI_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Bass.BASS_Init(-1, 48000, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero);

stereoHandler = new BassWasapiHandler(int.Parse(textBox1.Text), false, 48000, 2, 0, 0);
            log(string.Format("smINIT: {0}", stereoHandler.Init()));
            stereoHandler.DeviceVolume = 1;
            stereoHandler.Volume = 1;
            int stereo_mixer = stereoHandler.InputChannel;
            log(string.Format("stereo mixer: {0} ({1})", stereo_mixer, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));
            // double check, that the device is not muted externally
            if (stereoHandler.DeviceMute)
                stereoHandler.DeviceMute = false;
            log(string.Format("smSTART: {0}", stereoHandler.Start()));
            log(string.Format("stereo mixer: {0} ({1})", stereo_mixer, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

micHandler = new BassWasapiHandler(int.Parse(textBox2.Text), false, 48000, 2, 0, 0);
            log(string.Format("micInit: {0}", micHandler.Init()));
            micHandler.DeviceVolume = 1;
            micHandler.Volume = 1;
            int microphone = micHandler.InputChannel;
            log(string.Format("microphone: {0} ({1})", microphone, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));
            if (micHandler.DeviceMute)
                micHandler.DeviceMute = false;
            log(string.Format("micSTART: {0}", micHandler.Start()));
            log(string.Format("microphone: {0} ({1})", microphone, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

mixer = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamCreate(48000, 2, BASSFlag.BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT);
            log(string.Format("Mixer: {0} ({1})", mixer, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

bool res = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel(mixer, stereo_mixer, BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_END);//  BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_DOWNMIX | BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_FILTER);
            log(string.Format("Channel1: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

res = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel(mixer, microphone, BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_END);// BASS_MIXER_DOWNMIX | BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_FILTER);
            log(string.Format("Channel2: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

// mute the mixer, so that you don't hear it in the output to avoid echos!
            res = Bass.BASS_ChannelSetAttribute(mixer, BASSAttribute.BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, 0f);
            log(string.Format("ChannelSet: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

encoder = new EncoderLAME(mixer);
            encoder.InputFile = null;
            encoder.OutputFile = "out.mp3";
            encoder.LAME_Bitrate = (int)EncoderLAME.BITRATE.kbps_192;
            encoder.LAME_Mode = EncoderLAME.LAMEMode.Default;
            encoder.LAME_TargetSampleRate = (int)EncoderLAME.SAMPLERATE.Hz_44100;
            encoder.LAME_Quality = EncoderLAME.LAMEQuality.Quality;

res = encoder.Start(null, IntPtr.Zero, false); //new version
            log(string.Format("encodeStart: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

// start the mixer
            Bass.BASS_ChannelPlay(mixer, false);
            log(string.Format("ChannelPlay: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));
        }

private void btStopWASAPI_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            encoder.Stop();
            Bass.BASS_ChannelStop(mixer);
            stereoHandler.Stop();
            micHandler.Stop();

« Last Edit: 28 Jul '11 - 22:23 by morcibacsi » Logged
radio42

« Reply #143 on: 29 Jul '11 - 18:52 »
Reply with quoteQuote

The problem are your "BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel" calls.
You are trying to add the "BassWasapiHandler.InputChannel" to a mixer.
However, the "BassWasapiHandler.InputChannel" is a Dummy decoding stream which can not be added to a mixer itself.
You can only use them to apply DSP/FX or encoders on it - but they can not be used in sub-sequent mixers!

What you can do is to set the 'full-duplex' option (see the "SetFullDuplex" method).
You might use the 0 (no-sound) bass device together with the BASS_STREAM_DECODE flag when calling the "SetFullDuplex" method in order to create a custom decoding "OutputChannel" which might then be used as a source for a mixer channel!
See the docs for details.
morcibacsi

« Reply #144 on: 30 Jul '11 - 21:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks for the fast reply. Tried what you suggested, and inserted the SetFullDuplex method, after the init calls, and now using the OutputChannel for the mixer, but the SetFullDuplex calls return false, however the Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode() says BASS_OK (and the OutpuChannel returns 0). I'm digging the help of the BassWasapiHandler, but I'm feeling I am missing something. What would it be?
radio42

« Reply #145 on: 30 Jul '11 - 21:52 »
Reply with quoteQuote

pls post your updated code to take a look at
morcibacsi

« Reply #146 on: 30 Jul '11 - 21:59 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here's the updated code:

stereoHandler = new BassWasapiHandler(int.Parse(textBox1.Text), false, 48000, 2, 0, 0);
            log(string.Format("smINIT: {0}", stereoHandler.Init()));
            log(string.Format("stereo mixer isInput: {0}", stereoHandler.IsInput));

bool res = stereoHandler.SetFullDuplex(0, BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE, false);
            log(string.Format("stereo mixer fullduplex: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

int stereo_mixer = stereoHandler.OutputChannel;

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            micHandler = new BassWasapiHandler(int.Parse(textBox2.Text), false, 48000, 2, 0, 0);
            log(string.Format("microphone isInput: {0}", micHandler.IsInput));
            micHandler.Volume = 1;

res = micHandler.SetFullDuplex(0, BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE, false);
            log(string.Format("microphone fullduplex: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

int microphone = micHandler.OutputChannel;

res = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel(mixer, stereo_mixer, BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_END);//  BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_DOWNMIX | BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_FILTER);

res = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel(mixer, microphone, BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_END);// BASS_MIXER_DOWNMIX | BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_FILTER);

// start the mixer

Thanks for your time  Wink
radio42

« Reply #147 on: 31 Jul '11 - 18:49 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Please check, if the "BassWasapiHandler.IsInput" returns TRUE!
E.g. if "stereoHandler.IsInput" returns TRUE?

If that is not the case, you are dealing with an WASAPI output device and you can not use this with the "SetFullDuplex" function, as it is only supported for recording or loopback devices.
I.e. you had passed a 'wrong' device id to the BassWasapiHandler constructor.
Meaning the device must have the BASS_DEVICE_INPUT or the BASS_DEVICE_LOOPBACK flag set whan calling BASS_WASAPI_GetDeviceInfo.
morcibacsi

« Reply #148 on: 31 Jul '11 - 21:16 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've checked them, both of them returns true. I'm passing device id 21 and 25 to the BassWasapiHandler's constructors. List.exe from the "basswasapi.zip\c\bin" shows these infos for the two ids:

dev 21: Speaker (Creative SB Audigy)
        id: {0.0.0.00000000}.{ce78ef44-568a-4024-aebb-250021779435}
        flags: loopback input enabled (25)
dev 25: Microphone (2 - Realtek High Definition Audio)
        id: {0.0.1.00000000}.{104927e3-ae98-4aa9-abed-813780fdaf37}
        flags: input enabled default (19)
« Last Edit: 31 Jul '11 - 21:18 by morcibacsi » Logged
radio42

« Reply #149 on: 1 Aug '11 - 09:19 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Are you actually calling "BASS_WASAPI_Init" somewhere (as I couldn't see that in your code)?!
Note, that you need to call "BASS_Init" as well as "BASS_WASAPI_Init"!
morcibacsi

« Reply #150 on: 1 Aug '11 - 12:30 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, there was an BASS_WASAPI_Init call on application startup, but with device id 0. Maybe that was one of the problems. Another problem was, that I've passed null as the wasapiproc argument but as I understand from the help it has to be implemented, so I've fixed that too. Unfortunately these didn't fix the problem. Both BassWasapiHandler's Init methods return false, and Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode() says BASS_ERROR_ALREADY. SetFullDuplex returns false too.

Now the code looks like this (I've included the full code, it is just a quick sample application):
using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Un4seen.Bass;
using Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Enc;
using Un4seen.Bass.Misc;
using Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Mix;
using Un4seen.BassWasapi;

namespace WindowsFormsApplication4
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        private int microphone;
        private int mixer;
        private BassWasapiHandler stereoHandler;
        private BassWasapiHandler micHandler;
        private WASAPIPROC smWasapiProc;
        private WASAPIPROC micWasapiProc;

public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

public void log(string msg)
        {
            richTextBox1.Text += String.Format("{0}\n", msg);
        }

public int MyWasapiProc(IntPtr buffer, int length, IntPtr user)
        {
            return 1;
        }

{

smWasapiProc = new WASAPIPROC(MyWasapiProc);           
            bool res = BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_Init(int.Parse(textBox1.Text), 0, 2, BASSWASAPIInit.BASS_WASAPI_AUTOFORMAT, 0, 0, smWasapiProc, IntPtr.Zero);
            log(string.Format("smWASAPI_Init: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));
            log(string.Format("smInit: {0}", stereoHandler.Init()));
            log(Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode().ToString());
            log(string.Format("stereo mixer isInput: {0}", stereoHandler.IsInput));

res = stereoHandler.SetFullDuplex(0, BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE, false);
            log(string.Format("stereo mixer fullduplex: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

int stereo_mixer = stereoHandler.OutputChannel;

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            micWasapiProc = new WASAPIPROC(MyWasapiProc);
            res = BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_Init(int.Parse(textBox2.Text), 0, 2, BASSWASAPIInit.BASS_WASAPI_AUTOFORMAT, 50, 50, micWasapiProc, IntPtr.Zero);
            log(string.Format("micWASAPI_Init: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));
            log(Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode().ToString());
            log(string.Format("microphone isInput: {0}", micHandler.IsInput));
            micHandler.Volume = 1;

res = micHandler.SetFullDuplex(0, BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE, false);
            log(string.Format("microphone fullduplex: {0} ({1})", res, Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode()));

int microphone = micHandler.OutputChannel;

res = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel(mixer, stereo_mixer, BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_END);//  BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_DOWNMIX | BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_FILTER);

// start the mixer
        }

{
            encoder.Stop();
            stereoHandler.Stop();
            micHandler.Stop();
        }
    }
}

Program output is:
smWASAPI_Init: True (BASS_OK)
smInit: False
BASS_ERROR_ALREADY
stereo mixer isInput: True
stereo mixer fullduplex: False (BASS_OK)
stereo mixer: 0 (BASS_OK)
smSTART: True
stereo mixer: 0 (BASS_OK)
micWASAPI_Init: True (BASS_OK)
micInit: False
BASS_ERROR_ALREADY
microphone isInput: True
microphone fullduplex: False (BASS_OK)
microphone: 0 (BASS_OK)
micSTART: True
microphone: 0 (BASS_OK)
Mixer: -1342177277 (BASS_OK)
Channel1: False (BASS_ERROR_HANDLE)
Channel2: False (BASS_ERROR_HANDLE)
ChannelSet: True (BASS_OK)
encodeStart: True (BASS_OK)
ChannelPlay: True (BASS_OK)

Now I'm a little desperate, usually my codes are working  Embarrassed
radio42

« Reply #151 on: 1 Aug '11 - 13:25 »
Reply with quoteQuote

No, maybe there was a missunderstanding - I ment the "BassWasapiHandler.Init()" method!
There is no need to provide your own WASAPI proc - as the BassWasapiHandler handler implements them internally!

So here is the sequence for using the BassWasapiHandler handler:
1. call BASS_Init(...)
2. create an instance of the BassWasapiHandler handler (new BassWasapiHandler(...))
3. Init the handler (call BassWasapiHandler.Init())
4. Set the full-duplex option (call SetFullDuplex(...))
5. Start the handler (call BassWasapiHandler.Start())
morcibacsi

« Reply #152 on: 1 Aug '11 - 20:10 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, then I can't figure out what could be the problem. The calls are in that order, what you suggested. The .Init methods are there, in logging lines. I've just tried the application on an another computer, but it does not work. (I suspected something is wrong with my PC)

Modified the code to not to use the WasapiHandler. This way I got no error messages, everything returns true, and whatsoever, but the resulting file is only 1879 bytes long. I'm trying everything but really got stuck now.  Undecided

private int microphone;
        private int mixer;
        private WASAPIPROC smWasapiProc;
        private WASAPIPROC micWasapiProc;
        public int MyMicWasapiProc(IntPtr buffer, int length, IntPtr user)
        {
            return 1;
        }

public int MySMWasapiProc(IntPtr buffer, int length, IntPtr user)
        {
            return 1;
        }

{
            Bass.BASS_Init(-1, 44100, BASSInit.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT, IntPtr.Zero);

mixer = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamCreate(44100, 2, BASSFlag.BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT);         

smWasapiProc = new WASAPIPROC(MySMWasapiProc);
            bool res = BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_Init(int.Parse(textBox1.Text), 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, smWasapiProc, IntPtr.Zero);
            stereo_mixer = Bass.BASS_StreamCreate(44100, 2, BASSFlag.BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT | BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE,
                                   BASSStreamProc.STREAMPROC_PUSH);
            res = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel(mixer, stereo_mixer, BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_END);//  BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_DOWNMIX | BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_FILTER);

micWasapiProc = new WASAPIPROC(MyMicWasapiProc);
            res = BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_Init(int.Parse(textBox2.Text), 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, smWasapiProc, IntPtr.Zero);           
            microphone = Bass.BASS_StreamCreate(44100, 2, BASSFlag.BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT | BASSFlag.BASS_STREAM_DECODE,
                                   BASSStreamProc.STREAMPROC_PUSH);
            res = BassMix.BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel(mixer, microphone, BASSFlag.BASS_MIXER_END);

BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_SetDevice(int.Parse(textBox1.Text));
            res = BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_Start();

BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_SetDevice(int.Parse(textBox2.Text));
            res = BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_Start();

res = Bass.BASS_ChannelPlay(mixer, false);

res = encoder.Start(null, IntPtr.Zero, false);
        }

{
            encoder.Stop();
            Bass.BASS_ChannelStop(stereo_mixer);
            Bass.BASS_ChannelStop(microphone);
        }
« Last Edit: 2 Aug '11 - 15:23 by morcibacsi » Logged
tigera

« Reply #153 on: 7 Aug '11 - 11:54 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am trying use BASSWASAPI, but BASS_ErrorGetCode() return error 5000. Why?
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #154 on: 8 Aug '11 - 13:40 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Error code 5000 is BASS_ERROR_WASAPI, which indicates that WASAPI is not available. What Windows version are you using? Please note that WASAPI was introduced with Vista and it isn't available on older Windows versions.
tigera

« Reply #155 on: 9 Aug '11 - 16:19 »
Reply with quoteQuote

My OS is WinXP  Sad
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #156 on: 9 Aug '11 - 17:49 »
Reply with quoteQuote

OK. Unfortunately, WASAPI won't be available to you then, but perhaps you could ASIO instead (via BASSASIO). ASIO has basically the same capabilities as WASAPI.
Led

« Reply #157 on: 14 Aug '11 - 21:22 »
Reply with quoteQuote

How do I use Bass x64 with Wasapi in C# ?

I've added the Basswasapi.dll (x64 version from the Winx64 folder) to my project.
Build Action=Content, Copy Always.

If I build my app and I go to the \bin\x64\Debug folder where the executable is compiled, I see that the basswasapi.dll is copied there.
But when I run my executable, it's still a no-go :
+$exception{"Unable to load DLL 'basswasapi.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"}   System.Exception {System.DllNotFoundException}

The dll is in the same place the executable is in. Somehow my executable either can't load the dll, or is looking somewhere else entirely.
How can i figure out what's going wrong ?
WACKA

« Reply #158 on: 24 Aug '11 - 14:27 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

I am currently using BassWasapi and it is working very well, many thanks!!

I am having a minor problem with volume control when the sound is going over HDMI.
I am outputting to a HDMI tv from my PC but the BASS_WASAPI_SetVolume has no affect on the volume of the playback.

However, if i output to speakers or a usb headset, the volume control works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks,

Conor
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #159 on: 24 Aug '11 - 14:41 »
Reply with quoteQuote

It might be that the device doesn't have a volume control. To confirm whether that is the case, you can check in the Sound control panel, eg. does the device have a "Levels" tab?

If you're using a mixer (BASSmix) to feed the WASAPI output, you can control the volume of the sources via BASS_ChannelSetAttribute (BASS_ATTRIB_VOL). Otherwise, you could use the BASS_FX add-on's BASS_FX_BFX_VOLUME effect to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: