1 Nov '14 - 05:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: 3.6 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 117212 times)
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #260 on: 8 Nov '11 - 17:28 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Suggestion on unpacking plugins: could they be told somehow which files to extract and which not to?
Basic usage: you have CD image in FLAC with CUE sheet. Then you throw archive at XMPlay you get just FLAC file without CUE sheet so skipping tracks becomes somewhat problematic

To confirm... are you saying that when you have a FLAC file and matching CUE file in an archive, the CUE is not being loaded by XMPlay? If that is correct, it shouldn't be the case, so please upload an example troublesome archive to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

I think XMPlay disables the IT filter when a filter envelope reaches full cutoff again and resonance is disabled. In that case, returning full cutoff shouldn't change anything while the envelope is playing. Notice the subtle difference in the first pattern of the example file, directly after the filter envelope returns to full cutoff.

Subtle indeed. I was left wondering what you were talking about after the first few listens Smiley

Here's an update to try...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Let me know if you still see any problems with it (or find that it breaks the filters in other cases).
saga

« Reply #261 on: 8 Nov '11 - 19:10 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Subtle indeed. I was left wondering what you were talking about after the first few listens Smiley
It also took me a while to figure out what XMPlay was doing wrong while encountering this situation in a real song (where this exact condition was only present for the duration of a tick, so there was a little click in the audio). But the fix seems to work and other test cases here are still working. Smiley
amit

« Reply #262 on: 17 Nov '11 - 18:57 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Can "play count" sorting  in the playlist be according to the averages if this option has been selected in the library?

Thanks.
dypsis

« Reply #263 on: 25 Nov '11 - 08:05 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sometimes when I am playing an album, playback will stop at the end of a track and not progress to the next track unless I start the track myself.

I am currently using XMPlay v3.6.0.44.  Smiley
Dotpitch

« Reply #264 on: 25 Nov '11 - 14:26 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sometimes when I am playing an album, playback will stop at the end of a track and not progress to the next track unless I start the track myself.
Can you be more specific on 'sometimes'? If it happens, is Options and stuff > 'Auto-advance' unticked? Do you have 'Stop at end of queue' ticked and do you happen to queue the album?
Pike84

« Reply #265 on: 25 Nov '11 - 14:40 »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are three options that can prevent XMPlay advancing like that: "Stop at end of track" (right-click menu of stop button), "Stop at end of queue" and "Stop at dead track" (Options & stuff -> Playlist -> List advancing). Naturally "Auto-advance" must be ticked too.

"Stop at dead track" would be pretty obvious, so the culprit is probably one of the other two. You might check your shortcut keys, and make sure you don't have "Current tack - stop at end" tied to the same key with another option you use, or that it's not made global to a key you use elsewhere. Then there's the queue, which should be pretty easy to notice too (this one doesn't seem to have a shortcut key available yet).

Ian, you could add the shortcut key for the latter one here too, if only for completeness's sake Smiley.
bronth

« Reply #266 on: 25 Nov '11 - 21:49 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Not sure if it has been already suggested, but I definitely miss a simple feature found in many other players - a customizeable single-click behaviour of the tray icon. It would be really nice to get the extremely useful "Play/Pause" functionality (other options may be added later) from this common action instead of duplicating the double-click action which opens/restores the main program window. Ian, could you please add this?
Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #267 on: 25 Nov '11 - 21:57 »
Reply with quoteQuote

In the xmplay.ini:
SingleClickTray=1
Restoring to/from tray icon with single click

Additional information, such as more detailed descriptions and pertinent forum links, is available in the Illustrated Manual Section 6.2 - Secret INI settings.

BTW, also try right-clicking the tray icon.

bronth

« Reply #268 on: 25 Nov '11 - 22:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Jimmy, yes, I was aware of the "secret" option (as I actually mentioned) but I would strongly prefer to stop/pause using a single click, not to close/restore. It's a very common practice and it's much more fast/convenient than using the context menu via right click.
Just For My Memory

« Reply #269 on: 26 Nov '11 - 14:49 »
Reply with quoteQuote

XMPlay crashes (and freezes the machine) at 2:25 when playing this APE file:

07. 赵薇 - 不能和你分手.ape
http://www.mediafire.com/?dzzxrulsv3q2b73

P/S: Latest XMPlay (3.6.0.44) and APE plugin (revision 2) build.

Wonder why...?
Jimmy Neutron

« Reply #270 on: 26 Nov '11 - 15:07 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Jimmy, yes, I was aware of the "secret" option (as I actually mentioned) but I would strongly prefer to stop/pause using a single click, not to close/restore. It's a very common practice and it's much more fast/convenient than using the context menu via right click.

Sorry that I suggested the context menu solution that involves two clicks instead of just one.  I can see how that could make a difference.

Alt

« Reply #271 on: 26 Nov '11 - 18:41 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Just For My Memory, that file is broken, freezed machine & generated errors in an another player too.
Ian, why do all files that you open in player are initially selected in playlist? I din't find a way how to disable it.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov '11 - 18:50 by Alt » Logged
Elrinth

« Reply #272 on: 29 Nov '11 - 03:07 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I uploaded to ftp problematic .mod-file. It simply won't load in xmplay, but winamp recognizes it and plays it.
Dotpitch

« Reply #273 on: 29 Nov '11 - 06:26 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I uploaded to ftp problematic .mod-file. It simply won't load in xmplay, but winamp recognizes it and plays it.
Does it happen to be a 15-sample mod? Have you tried the Oldsk00l plugin?
Elrinth

« Reply #274 on: 29 Nov '11 - 07:35 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Does it happen to be a 15-sample mod? Have you tried the Oldsk00l plugin?

Dunno, I opened 5 different songs in milkytracker and all of them had exactly 16 instruments, not all assigned however. These play back in winamp, but not in xmplay.
I did try in_oldskool before, but I'm pretty sure it crapped up other songs which xmplay otherwise would have played perfectly. I can confirm that with in_oldskool the mods are opened and played back correctly.

ps, I already posted links to these problematic songs in previous page in this thread.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov '11 - 07:49 by Elrinth » Logged
saga

« Reply #275 on: 29 Nov '11 - 08:21 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Does it happen to be a 15-sample mod?
Dunno, I opened 5 different songs in milkytracker and all of them had exactly 16 instruments
You just answered the question yourself (yes, it's 15 not 16 samples). It's a Ultimate Soundtracker MOD, which is not supported by XMPlay.

I did try in_oldskool before, but I'm pretty sure it crapped up other songs which xmplay otherwise would have played perfectly.
XMPlay will play the files if it can, and only pass files that it can't play to in_sk00l. So maybe it was just overriding another plugin, which you can solve by renaming plugins to change their loading order.
Elrinth

« Reply #276 on: 29 Nov '11 - 08:26 »
Reply with quoteQuote

that is great news, thank you very much!  Cool
amit

« Reply #277 on: 30 Nov '11 - 14:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote

When adding (and playing) new files while "random play order" is on , first track is selected randomly. When adding new files to a queue , first played track from it is still chosen randomly although the rest of the queue is played according to its  order. I think "random order" shouldn't apply to queue lists altogether, not even for newly queued files. First played track should remain the first on the queue.
tails_

« Reply #278 on: 10 Dec '11 - 17:19 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ian, may i ask about extraction of additional files from archives (CUEs, covers and various libs for PSF-like formats)
How this stuff is handled? Are filetypes just hard-coded into xmplay or reported by plug-in somehow?

Straight to the problem: I have a number of PC98 and x86k music in tracker like format, in addition to the music file itself there's also file(s) which contains digital samples and that(these) doesn't seems to be extracting from archive together with music. Can you add these filetypes to xmplay (if xmplay selects which files to extract) or what better place somewhere box for adding user filetypes for extraction?
amit

« Reply #279 on: 13 Dec '11 - 00:31 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I have a rare problem with ASIO output. If while the player is paused I start playback in another player (foobar) , when returning to xmplay , either play , stop or closing xmplay causes Windows (7-64bit) to crash.

Is it possible to fix?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: