Author Topic: 3.6 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 174622 times)

Chinese Sausage

Re: 3.6 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #100 on: 13 Apr '11 - 18:00 »
Indeed, when on top is not checked, you have to double-click the tray icon to restore it, instead of a single click.

You're on XP as well?

Yes I am

moriez

« Reply #101 on: 13 Apr '11 - 22:09 »
Do you have the "Always in tray" option enabled? If so, double-clicking (or single-clicking if "SingleClickTray" is enabled) can both restore and minimize XMPlay. So perhaps what's happening is that when you first click on the tray icon, XMPlay isn't yet minimized (it's just covered by other windows), so it becomes minimized at that point and you then have to click again to restore it.

''Always in tray'' is enabled. The difference in behavior between default double-click and single-click is that default just pops up after two clicks no matter what. Single-click pops up when there's custom sized windows or no windows. Sometimes the single-click won't respond at all and only a right click brings it back. Again, default works flawlessly. Lol, what the hell is this?

Edit: The problem seems to be that SingleClick just doesn't make the panel appear in the foreground.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr '11 - 03:22 by moriez »

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #102 on: 14 Apr '11 - 01:22 »
I get the exact same behaviour.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: 14 Apr '11 - 15:38 »
When ''Always in tray'' is enabled, by default (when "SingleClickTray" isn't enabled), a single-click will bring XMPlay to the front if it is not currently minimized. Basically, it should work like this...

SingleClickTray disabled: single-click brings to front, double-click minimizes
SingleClickTray disabled + minimized: single-click does nothing, double-click restores
SingleClickTray enabled: single-click minimizes
SingleClickTray enabled + minimized: single-click restores

If that is not what you're seeing, please describe which scenarios are behaving differently and how.

Jace

« Reply #104 on: 14 Apr '11 - 16:56 »
If I've understood their dilemma correctly, the behaviour they'd want is:

SingleClickTray enabled + minimised: single-click restores and brings to front

moriez

« Reply #105 on: 14 Apr '11 - 19:07 »
1.SingleClickTray disabled: single-click brings to front, double-click minimizes
2.SingleClickTray disabled + minimized: single-click does nothing, double-click restores
3.SingleClickTray enabled: single-click minimizes
4.SingleClickTray enabled + minimized: single-click restores

What I experience is that 1 & 2 do not differ. In both cases it needs a double-click to hide and show the panel.
3 & 4 do not differ either. Single-click action works as long as I keep the desktop (partially) visible. When there's a maximized window the panel does not appear on top of that window. Hope this helps :)

If I've understood their dilemma correctly, the behaviour they'd want is:

SingleClickTray enabled + minimised: single-click restores and brings to front

You got it Mister! Restores = bring to front IMO.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: 15 Apr '11 - 14:52 »
When XMPlay is restored, it should also be brought to the front. Is that not happening? Just to be clear on this, you have definitely minimized XMPlay before trying to restore it, ie. you haven't just covered it with other windows? Please also confirm what Windows version you are using, in case that is making a difference.

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #107 on: 15 Apr '11 - 15:04 »
Ian, the same thing happens to me. When it is covered by other windows, I click it once, and I believe it minimizes. When I click again, it restores. In other words, I have to double click when XMPlay is covered by other windows. When I minimize XMPlay, it restores with a single click. This has been going on for as long as I remember.

- SingleClickTray=1
- 'Always in tray' checked

I don't remember if it behaves the same on Windows 7.
Cheers!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: 15 Apr '11 - 16:10 »
When it is covered by other windows, I click it once, and I believe it minimizes. When I click again, it restores. In other words, I have to double click when XMPlay is covered by other windows. When I minimize XMPlay, it restores with a single click. This has been going on for as long as I remember.

OK. That is how it is meant to be working currently, ie. XMPlay doesn't check whether it is covered, only whether it is minimized. Moriez, is it the same in your case? The talk of custom-sized/maximized windows and partially visible desktops is confusing me :)

moriez

« Reply #109 on: 18 Apr '11 - 14:20 »
When XMPlay is restored, it should also be brought to the front. Is that not happening? Just to be clear on this, you have definitely minimized XMPlay before trying to restore it, ie. you haven't just covered it with other windows? Please also confirm what Windows version you are using, in case that is making a difference.

No, it's not happening. It does not come to front. I have definitely minimized first. I'm on XP SP3 all patched up.

Moriez, is it the same in your case? The talk of custom-sized/maximized windows and partially visible desktops is confusing me :)

Dang! I am very confused too :-\  I am not sure if it's exactly the same what Chinese Sausage is experiencing. I just ran out of words explaining it. Maybe we should try http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx so you can see for yourself?
« Last Edit: 18 Apr '11 - 14:23 by moriez »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: 19 Apr '11 - 15:44 »
OK. I will send you an email.

Pike84

« Reply #111 on: 23 Apr '11 - 17:52 »
The "Single click tray" option works fine, except that (non-global) keys don't seem to work after restoring the player, unless I click on the GUI. So, the player doesn't seem to get focus as it should.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: 29 Apr '11 - 13:08 »
Ah yes, that problem I can reproduce :)

Here's an update that should fix it...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Dotpitch

« Reply #113 on: 29 Apr '11 - 16:29 »
Changelog for XMPlay 3.6  Go here...
« Last Edit: 5 Oct '11 - 16:56 by Dotpitch »

saga

« Reply #114 on: 30 Apr '11 - 13:41 »
Note fade notes in IT files still don't display properly. It would be best to display them as "~~".

moriez

« Reply #115 on: 30 Apr '11 - 22:59 »
The SingleClickTray fix works for me! Outstanding job Ian. Thanks for support peeps.

Knurek

« Reply #116 on: 14 May '11 - 07:21 »
A small suggestion: the 'Close at end of track' option ought to proceed to the next file in the playlist before closing XMPlay, so that on the restart you don't get to hear the same track again.

SmartOne

« Reply #117 on: 20 May '11 - 22:14 »
Badly skipping CDA tracks cause XMPlay to hang.  When there's bad skipping, you should be able to stop the playback without waiting.

Elrinth

« Reply #118 on: 23 May '11 - 21:57 »
no idea if this is related to the sid plugin or something else, but my xmplay just crashed when trying to load a sid (Geir Tjeltas Outrun remix)
I had loaded it a couple of times with 10 seconds inbetween (via DDE command list ofc). (I'm working on a webradio and I set it to play only 10 sec of that song)
I'm using 3.6.0.17

Cause I'm pretty sure eventlog doesn't help:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>101</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-23T20:49:09.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>4414</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Elrinth</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>xmplay.exe</Data>
  <Data>3.6.0.17</Data>
  <Data>16c0</Data>
  <Data>01cc1893c486fa60</Data>
  <Data>17</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\xmplay\xmplay.exe</Data>
  <Data>136836a2-857e-11e0-9227-0021855dcb46</Data>
  <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: 24 May '11 - 16:15 »
That ("Application Hang") looks like it hung (got stuck) rather than crashed; was XMPlay unresponsive before the error message came up? If you're able to reproduce the problem, please open Task Manager when it happens, right-click on XMPlay from the Processes list, and select "Create Dump File". Then upload the file to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Pike84

« Reply #120 on: 4 Jun '11 - 23:37 »
The new "Lock position" option has a typo in it: it says "Lock posiition".

This is a really minor thing, so I'll improve my post by making a suggestion too: make this and the suggestions thread sticky, so the forum might keep less cluttered :).

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #121 on: 5 Jun '11 - 20:52 »
You have sharp eyes Pike84, I didn't noticed that until now.  8)

amit

« Reply #122 on: 8 Jun '11 - 18:30 »
Hello Ian,

I try to listen to a wavpack file of 32bit 192khz but the audio produced is distorted with static noise. Is it possible fix?

Shanyy

« Reply #123 on: 9 Jun '11 - 01:07 »
Here's an update that adds a "VolStep" XMPLAY.INI option to set the size of the mouse wheel volume adjustment...
I haven't checked the forum for a long while... Thanks Ian!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: 9 Jun '11 - 16:13 »
The new "Lock position" option has a typo in it: it says "Lock posiition".

Oops! That'll be corrected for the next update.

I try to listen to a wavpack file of 32bit 192khz but the audio produced is distorted with static noise. Is it possible fix?

I was unable to reproduce that when I tried just now, so please upload the troublesome file (the first 10MB or so should suffice) to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/