Author Topic: [Skin] Rated - 5 Themes  (Read 8594 times)

Cypress

[Skin] Rated - 5 Themes
« on: 24 Dec '10 - 01:43 »
Hello xmp users, let me introduce to you a new skin with the new xmp 3.6 features
it's called rated!

a few words for each version .:

v1.0 - 23.12.10
first release

v1.1 - 05.01.11 *
three new themes; Carbon, Entel, Wood
added a random button in the extended list
added a loop list in the extended list

v1.1.1 - 13.05.11 *
new theme; Rated Viva

Rated Glass (non-functional) :(

This last pic is more like a yearning i have for the skining engine :) as you can see in the picture there is semitransparent areas,  making the Interface prettier this would lead to an endless posibilities of nice looking skins

the compiled skins are up on the xmplay page ;)
http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html#skins

here the BMPs sources for those interested .:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t5voddaow3i77bj

here the live example of the Rated - Glass as an opera widget .:
just drag this file to the opera window and you'll see :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?e81gbn7h8heb4gr

Saludos Cordiales
« Last Edit: 30 Jun '11 - 01:58 by Cypress »

Chinese Sausage

Re: [Skin] Rated
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec '10 - 13:38 »
I like this version much better than the one already posted, because it's blue background on the extended playlist makes the tracks easier to the eye, and I would be using it more often.
IMHO it would have been nicer if there was a little bit less line spacing between the tracks, so there would be more space for more songs being displayed. ;)

amit

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec '10 - 14:31 »
Why is the playlist panel so narrow? Can't you expand it further and make more usable?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec '10 - 17:36 »
The updated skin is up on the XMPlay page now.

Cypress

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec '10 - 17:53 »
it would have been nicer if there was a little bit less line spacing between the tracks, so there would be more space for more songs being displayed. ;)

well i believe 20 pixels as line height makes it more readable easy on the eyes too, most of the skins including some of my first skins have the
text too crowded ... so 20 pixels seems ok.

Why is the playlist panel so narrow? Can't you expand it further and make more usable?

for now let's just stay as it is ... adjusting the panel list would also involve to arrange the dsp panel so maybe when i'll make some variations.

Greetings and Merry Christmas to everyone :)

Cepera

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec '10 - 17:58 »
This is a very high quality designed skin that shows almost all features skinning XMPlay.3.6 Design skin possible controversial, but I recommend using the source code of this skin for novice creators of skins.

My opinion: The design is possible, not everyone will like, (some of your other skins are very popular), but pleases quality of performance. And the size a bit too big for my laptop  ;), but still Thank you for good job!

Cypress

« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec '10 - 18:07 »
hello Cepera, glad you like it i also have to say your contributions are well appreciated :)

i'm planing to do a tutorial about skining for new people, so stayed tuned

salu2

Cepera

« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec '10 - 18:20 »
Yes, I think good manual helps novice builders skins.
For example, I initially found it difficult without a detailed description of the options skinconfig.txt.

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #8 on: 24 Dec '10 - 18:38 »
well i believe 20 pixels as line height makes it more readable easy on the eyes too, most of the skins including some of my first skins have the
text too crowded ... so 20 pixels seems ok.

I guess you are right Cypress.

This is a very high quality designed skin that shows almost all features skinning XMPlay.3.6 Design skin possible controversial, but I recommend using the source code of this skin for novice creators of skins.

My opinion: The design is possible, not everyone will like, (some of your other skins are very popular), but pleases quality of performance. And the size a bit too big for my laptop  ;), but still Thank you for good job!

Cepera got it right. It does everything it is supposed to do very well. Although the skin is a bit big, I would not have it any other way. I like the way the "XMPlay colors" contrast, and the "metallic" buttons.

Thank you Cypress, Cepera, Ian and Keltic for your Christmas gifts!  :D

the_watcher

« Reply #9 on: 25 Dec '10 - 19:40 »
another awesome creation 8)
well done cypress!
i'm planing to do a tutorial about skinning for new people, so stayed tuned
judging from your skins, i'm expecting the tutorial to be high-quality too!

merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

Dany0

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jan '11 - 16:22 »
Wow! Skingasm  ;D Downloading...

Cypress

Re: [Skin] Rated - Three New Themes
« Reply #11 on: 5 Jan '11 - 20:56 »
New Interfaces are available in the first post  8)

Saludos

Cepera

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jan '11 - 09:24 »
Good job! I especially liked the Wood, and Carbon.
And there is no support for "normal" transparency, transparency can also try to simulate, if in some places impose a grid of panels with the color "color_seethru". Look really working test. This of course does not always fit, but you can try.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: 6 Jan '11 - 18:30 by Cepera »

Cypress

« Reply #13 on: 6 Jan '11 - 16:19 »
transparency can also try to simulate, if in some places impose a grid of panels with the color "color_seethru". Look really working test. This of course does not always fit, but you can try.

Yep, hopefully Ian will give us this kind of power that's my biggest wish for the skining engine ;)

Saludos

Cepera

« Reply #14 on: 6 Jan '11 - 16:29 »
Yep, hopefully Ian will give us this kind of power that's my biggest wish for the skining engine ;)

It would be nice. Only if after that the player will not consume so many system resources  :)

Pike84

« Reply #15 on: 6 Jan '11 - 18:25 »
Well, transparency does inevitably take at least some more resources, but of course it would be completely optional, so it shouldn't matter :)

winner

« Reply #16 on: 16 Jan '11 - 18:06 »
AWESOME! Thanks, Cypress! I especially like the wood theme, as the colors fit perfectly for a "steampunk" type color theme I created for my desktop. This Rated - Wood skin will be my default for now!

Cypress

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan '11 - 01:41 »
AWESOME! Thanks, Cypress! I especially like the wood theme, as the colors fit perfectly for a "steampunk" type color theme I created for my desktop. This Rated - Wood skin will be my default for now!

you're welcome, the interfaces are just the result of the xmplay musical experience ;)
« Last Edit: 18 Jan '11 - 02:45 by Cypress »

winner

« Reply #18 on: 26 Jan '11 - 04:52 »
One thing, and this seems common to most skins, is that a lot of the control buttons require precise navigation to reach a pinpoint area. Wondering if the target area on the buttons can be expanded in size?

Cypress

« Reply #19 on: 26 Jan '11 - 06:23 »
the controls that i suppose need some mouse precision are the equalizer/amp/reverb/pan sliders, the other controls/buttons are expanded to their maximum design area

their target area sliders could be expanded but the design demands their highlight as they are now, otherwise they'd look unaesthetic but there's always the posibility to grab the BMPs source files and adjust them :)

edit .:
i'll be releasing these next weeks;new themes but i have to ask "their opinion" to the "Viva people" (a local company) if they denied it i'll change the logo to the xmp icon ;D

Rated Viva Preview

Salu2
« Last Edit: 26 Jan '11 - 20:08 by Cypress »

Cypress

« Reply #20 on: 14 May '11 - 21:27 »
hay nuevo tema disponible en el 1er post ;)

Chinese Sausage

« Reply #21 on: 15 May '11 - 14:08 »
Gracias Cypress, lo probaré!
Thank you Cypress, I'll try it!

:)

Edit: I like it! :D
« Last Edit: 15 May '11 - 22:58 by Chinese Sausage »

caveman

« Reply #22 on: 20 May '11 - 23:17 »
...the new Viva color theme is really cool man...thanks Cypress!!

Cepera

« Reply #23 on: 3 Jun '11 - 17:09 »
On preferences, certainly does not argue, but what I like in skins from Cypress - a well thought out and quality of execution (it is present not all the skins for XMPlay). As always a very good job, Cypress!