Author Topic: .APE tracks stutter  (Read 5624 times)

moriez

.APE tracks stutter
« on: 17 Feb '11 - 23:34 »
Hi,

I'd like some help with this. I am using the latest version of both the player and the APE plug-in. Now when I fast forward or rewind a track the seeking stutters abnormally and CPU usage goes way up. Anyone encountered this as well? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb '11 - 00:20 by moriez »

Cepera

Re: .APE tracks stutter
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb '11 - 17:40 »
Yes, I also have the same situation. But APE files are used infrequently, so it is not critical for me.

moriez

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb '11 - 10:40 »
Thanks for confirming this. It's not critical for me either but the developer might want to look into it..

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb '11 - 14:20 »
I think it may just be a trait of APE files. For comparison, what happens if you try the same with the Winamp APE plugin? Note in order to use the Winamp plugin, you should remove the native plugin or use the "Priority filetypes" option to give the Winamp plugin priority.

moriez

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar '11 - 09:05 »
Sorry, but I dont understand how I can run the WinAmp plug-in without installing WinAmp. Should I grab the plug-in from their forums (which looks for a WinAmp folder that I do not have) or just the Monkey Audio installer? And how exactly does Priority Filetypes work?

Thanks.

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar '11 - 10:32 »
You can get a version packed for XMPlay here Moriez, APE (Monkey's Audio) v3.99. It's the latest version of the Winamp plugin available.

However, the APE format in general is known for its slow seeking, its a problem with the format itself and gets worse the higher the compression used. It's likely thats what you are experiencing.

moriez

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar '11 - 17:57 »
However, the APE format in general is known for its slow seeking, its a problem with the format itself and gets worse the higher the compression used. It's likely thats what you are experiencing.

Cheers KD. Well, if you confirm this as well I am not even going to bother. I will probably give it a rest.

Thanks again :)