Author Topic: My XMPlay MultiMedia Keys Control Plugin.  (Read 19274 times)

rjsec4ever

Re: My XMPlay MultiMedia Keys Control Plugin.
« Reply #25 on: 1 Jan '15 - 07:49 »
Hello.

I recently got a Logitech G510s gaming keyboard.
It's key-setting program doesn't allow me to alter the multimedia keys.
I can only use them on the more popular players like Windows Media Player & iTunes.
Anyway, I downloaded this plugin, and it works... as long as you open the program as admin,
and place the plugin on top of the list. However, I can't use the keys outside of the program.
I would like to be able to use the said buttons while XMPlay is out-of-focus.

Thank you.

olesio

« Reply #26 on: 1 Jan '15 - 19:17 »
Latest version of my plugin in my opinion and konwledge do not need to be run XMPlay as admin, because I do not using global low level keyboard hook there, which need UAC off or admin rights.

Under my Windows 7 (64 bit PL) without UAC all is ok and XMPlay play or pause etc while I'm pressing my multimedia keys when XMPlay is out of focus. I do not know how to help you. Maybe try old version of plugin based on global low level hook. I attached plugin with source. If still it will be the problem, I must give up.

That's all. Sorry for my bad English. All the best in new 2015 year for all. Best regards.

rjsec4ever

« Reply #27 on: 2 Jan '15 - 20:41 »
8) Thank you, the older one works with the keys.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center.

olesio

« Reply #28 on: 2 Jan '15 - 20:53 »
No problem :) I'm glad I can help you. I thought version which reads keys in thread without using low level keyboard hook will be better. Because there should not be any problems with admin righjts and annoying UAC. But in your cases hook is better. Maybe it is some keyboard driver fault. Or for example additional software which is installed with keyboard. And maybe it controls some keys somehow.

rjsec4ever

« Reply #29 on: 30 Mar '19 - 02:51 »
Hello again after four years (and sorry for necroposting this thread, admin).

Since four years is a big advancement in tech, let me fill you in.
Windows 10 Pro x64, Corsair K68 RGB.

Your 0.2 plugin works just fine; without the need to run as admin and when XMPlay is running in the background. You're right, Logitech must have did something to the multimedia keys, so that they are not recognized when the program is in the background.

I haven't mentioned this four years ago either, but when I used the older plugin, even with the newer keyboard, play/pause immediately re-played the song, rather than just pausing. 0.2 fixed that. I must've not noticed.

Anyway, I came back just to let you know what would happen with a different keyboard.
Logitech is to blame. Thanks again.