Author Topic: Sort Shortcuts?  (Read 5138 times)

AEN007

Sort Shortcuts?
« on: 29 Apr '11 - 13:36 »
I copied the XMPlay.ini Shortcuts=###... info into XL,
broke the ###... entry into blocks of 16 characters, then sorted it and put it back in the XMPlay.ini.
That seems to be the only way to have a somewhat sorted view of the shortcuts in the Options & Stuff GUI.
Maybe XMPlay could build in the ability to sort by action or hotkeys ..??

Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-S (or W) would not work but Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-M (& V) would/do work.
I'm not sure why/not.
I use those as Global Hotkeys in my scripts.
I could not enter Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-S (or W) into/via the Shortcuts GUI.
I tweaked the XMPlay.ini code entries for them to Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-S (or W) but they still would not work ...

I've been reorganizing, standardizing & inventorying my global/local hotkeys
across three XP laptops and dozens of multimedia apps ...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Sort Shortcuts?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr '11 - 15:07 »
I copied the XMPlay.ini Shortcuts=###... info into XL,
broke the ###... entry into blocks of 16 characters, then sorted it and put it back in the XMPlay.ini.
That seems to be the only way to have a somewhat sorted view of the shortcuts in the Options & Stuff GUI.
Maybe XMPlay could build in the ability to sort by action or hotkeys ..??

The order of the shortcuts can be important, eg. a sequence of actions may be applied to a single key, which automated sorting could break. But it is possible to manually sort/rearrange the shortcuts via the Up/Down buttons.

Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-S (or W) would not work but Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-M (& V) would/do work.
I'm not sure why/not.
I use those as Global Hotkeys in my scripts.
I could not enter Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-S (or W) into/via the Shortcuts GUI.
I tweaked the XMPlay.ini code entries for them to Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-S (or W) but they still would not work ...

I've been reorganizing, standardizing & inventorying my global/local hotkeys
across three XP laptops and dozens of multimedia apps ...

Strange, those combos are working fine on an XP system here. Perhaps something else has already registered/grabbed them there?

AEN007

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr '11 - 22:12 »
The order of the shortcuts can be important, eg. a sequence of actions may be applied to a single key, which automated sorting could break. But it is possible to manually sort/rearrange the shortcuts via the Up/Down buttons.
1)I don't understand what you are saying.
2)Maybe my the point of my posting wasn't clear.
re: 1)The "order"? The XMPlay GUI seems to list/show the Shortcuts in the order in which they were added.
re: 2)I'm only talking about the sort order viewed in the GUI. Clicking either column does not re-sort the display.
The point of the Up/Down keys did not register with me! I have some 50 Shortcuts,
so the XL approach was quicker & easier anyway ...
I still submit that it would be nice if the Shortcuts GUI could/would sort (A or D) the display by either column ...

Strange, those combos are working fine on an XP system here. Perhaps something else has already registered/grabbed them there?
I was able to set those Shortcuts in WinAmp by the WinAmp GUI earlier this week
but could not set them in the XMPlay GUI. WA only grabs those key combos when WA is open.
I changed the WA global hotkeys to Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-M (& V); closed WA
then set those actions to Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-M (& V) via the XMP GUI -
so the conflict was/is not because I set those hotkeys in WinAmp.
I have many of the same global hotkeys in foobar, Trout, WinAmp, XMP, SMPlayer, VLC ...
so I have no idea what the problem was/is with Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Win-S (& W) on my XP laptops ...

Dotpitch

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr '11 - 09:42 »
I don't understand what you are saying.
You can assign multiple actions to the same key combination. For example selecting the current track, selecting all tracks from the same album and then removing all of them from the playlist. If then hit the key combination, XMPlay will perform the actions in the order as they are in the list, removing the complete album from the playlist. Sorting the shortcut list as you suggested will likely break this chain of actions (making the shortcut do different things as you re-sort the list), and that's why the list can only be sorted manually.