Author Topic: Strange Windows Crash  (Read 8829 times)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Strange Windows Crash
« Reply #25 on: 5 Mar '12 - 16:02 »
It is still being tested, but it looks like Jens' issue has been resolved. Here's the latest BASS build including that fix...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass.dll

The issue Jens (and Lowdown before him) had was related to internet streams. From your description, it sounds like yours is probably something different. If the crash still happens with the update, to get some info on it, you can tell Windows to generate dump files (in your user "AppData\Local\CrashDumps" folder) by adding this "localdumps-full" registry entry...

www.un4seen.com/stuff/localdumps.zip

Please reproduce the crash after that and upload the generated dump file (it could be quite large so ZIP it first) to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/

Make sure you're using the latest BASS.DLL (above) and BASSMIX.DLL when doing that. You can use the "localdumps-off" registry entry to disable the dump file generation.

fmcoder

« Reply #26 on: 5 Mar '12 - 21:16 »
Yes, "mine" crash happened without using internet streams. Thanks for the info, I started the testing.

fmcoder

« Reply #27 on: 10 Mar '12 - 13:29 »
Ian, about that "stuff" bass version - can it be used in production?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 12 Mar '12 - 16:59 »
Yes, it should be fine to use in releases. The only thing I can think of that may have an adverse effect is a change in the SPEAKER flag processing on Vista/7 systems; it doesn't seem to work well with Realtek's driver at the moment, but it is useful otherwise, so it will probably be optional in the release version. Here's a thread on that...

www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=13465

fmcoder

« Reply #29 on: 12 Mar '12 - 20:12 »
This only affects DirectSound, right? And if I'm using WASAPI output, where speaker flag is added via BASS_Mixer_StreamAddChannel, everything will work as expected?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: 13 Mar '12 - 14:58 »
Yes, that is correct. The change only applies when using SPEAKER flags with BASS/DirectSound playback (eg. in BASS_StreamCreateFile calls), and won't affect mixer processing.