Some further info that may help.
I took over maintaining edcast when oddsock took his site down. His code used BASS 2.3.
First thing I did was change to BASS 2.4
My new edcast has this issue for SOME people, but not all.
The old edcast does not have this issue at all.
So, the issue seems to be BASS 2.4 in combination with some audio drivers.
A note to the OP - I've worked around the issue by stop/starting the recording after 3hrs 22mins - actually, I count the number of bytes being read, when it gets to 0xFF000000, I stop/start the recording - there may be a slight audio glitch, but this is internet radio
note: I do not pause/resume the recording, I do the following
int dev = BASS_RecordGetDevice();
totalLength = 0UL;
BASS_RecordStart(44100, 2, BASS_SAMPLE_FLOAT, &BASSwaveInputProc, NULL);
To be honest, I don't know if the above is 100% correct