Can you clarify what sort of problem you're having with BASS_ChannelGetTags, eg. is it returning nothing (NULL) when you request ID3 tags, or is it just that the ID3 tags aren't in string form like the APE tags are? If it's returning nothing, are the same files fine with the TAGS add-on update? The TAGS add-on uses the BASS_ChannelGetTags function internally, so it would be impossible for the TAGS add-on to work properly if the BASS_ChannelGetTags function isn't
I'm not sure anymore.
First of all, I only assumed the problem encompassed ID3v2 but I never got around to coding for ID3v2 when I ran into the problem. With the release of the updated tags.dll (thanks again), hopefully I never will.
The problem I'm experiencing appears to be limited to ID3v1. In my example problem MP3, only the first 2 fields, ID ("TAG") and Title, are available. All other fields are blank/null. In the example problem MP3, the only other field that was populated was the Artist, so to make sure I wasn't just seeing things, I manually (using the OS ("Properties" dialog)) added values to all of the other ID3v1 fields. Problem persists. Just in case you wanted to see this problem for yourself, I loaded GetTagExample02.mp3 to your ftp server.
But and however, the tags.dll
add-on has no problem accessing this information. If this add-on is internally using the BASS_ChannelGetTags function, then I must be doing something wrong but it does leave me confused. I have no problem reading ID3v1 tags from other MP3s.
Bottom line: The tags.dll add-on is working well. While researching this problem, I put it through the wringer by making all kinds of changes to the tag fields and adding and deleting tags. The TAGS_Read function returned the correct information every time. Since the tags.dll add-on is working well, this is definitely a non-issue for me.
Thank you for your assistance and support.