21 Apr '14 - 15:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: BASS for Android  (Read 95244 times)
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: 1 Dec '11 - 16:02 »
Reply with quoteQuote

That's strange. Does the problem go away if you simply remove BASS from the project and leave everything else untouched? Do you see any information on what happened in the "LogCat" view? If the problem persists, please upload the APK file to have a look at here...

ftp.un4seen.com/incoming/
bjadams

« Reply #21 on: 2 Dec '11 - 06:53 »
Reply with quoteQuote

The vanilla project, without bass included works perfectly. As soon as I put the bass information in android.mk, the app crashes at launch.

I am using the AGK Opengl api. Can I email you the project in private, or is the ftp private?

Thanks a lot for support.
ken

« Reply #22 on: 2 Dec '11 - 08:39 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

Anyone tried BASS for Android with Titanium? I know Titanium can use 3:rd party "plugins"

http://www.appcelerator.com/products/titanium-mobile-application-development/

bjadams

« Reply #23 on: 2 Dec '11 - 13:32 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Uploaded a zip on the ftp with 2 projects. 1 without Bass, and one with the bass libs added to android.mk (this one crashes on app launch)
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: 2 Dec '11 - 16:44 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Uploaded a zip on the ftp with 2 projects. 1 without Bass, and one with the bass libs added to android.mk (this one crashes on app launch)

Java will look in the app's "lib" folder for shared libraries, but I don't think the OS does that, ie. the app's "lib" folder isn't in the library search path, so the LIBBASS.SO file can't be found and the app can't be launched. One way around it that seems to be working is to change the "SONAME" entry in the LIBBASS.SO file to the full installation path (eg. "/data/data/<packagename>/lib/libbass.so"), but that isn't very elegant. I'll see if I can find a better way around it.
bjadams

« Reply #25 on: 2 Dec '11 - 18:14 »
Reply with quoteQuote

There is a LIB folder in the APK.
libbass.so is actually inside this directory.
« Last Edit: 2 Dec '11 - 18:19 by bjadams » Logged
raczynski
« Reply #26 on: 3 Dec '11 - 12:00 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Congratulations !!!

BASS library rocks !!!  Cool
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: 5 Dec '11 - 15:17 »
Reply with quoteQuote

There is a LIB folder in the APK.
libbass.so is actually inside this directory.

Yes, that's fine. The problem is that the OS can't find the LIBBASS.SO file because the LIB folder isn't in the library search path. Note, unlike Windows, Android (and other Unix-like OS) won't automatically look in the executable's folder for libraries. So you need to be able to either modify the library search path or provide the library's full path. The SONAME tweak/hack I mentioned achieves the latter. Another option is to dynamically load the library, rather than linking with it. To do that, you would remove the "LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES := bass" build rule and add "-ldl" to the "LOCAL_LDLIBS" rule, and do something like this in your code...

#include <dlfcn.h>
#define BASSDEF(f) (*f) // define the BASS functions as pointers
#include "bass.h"

BOOL LoadBASS()
{
// load the BASS library and get the needed functions
void *basslib=dlopen("/data/data/<packagename>/lib/libbass.so", RTLD_LAZY);
if (!basslib) return FALSE; // failed
#define LOADBASSFUNCTION(f) *((void**)&f)=dlsym(basslib, #f)
LOADBASSFUNCTION(BASS_ErrorGetCode);
LOADBASSFUNCTION(BASS_Init);
}
bjadams

« Reply #28 on: 5 Dec '11 - 19:24 »
Reply with quoteQuote

If I remove "LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES := bass" then libbass.so is not included in the .apk in LIB Sad
Bass4Android
« Reply #29 on: 6 Dec '11 - 11:38 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi!

Actually i am trying to make my Android App gapless playback friendly. I found here an example on this forum, but it crashes my VM (on Emulator,, didn't try this code on my phone). I have uploaded the logcat as an image cause eclipse doesn't export it to the Log.txt.

if(BASS.BASS_Init(-1, 44100, BASS.BASS_DEVICE_DEFAULT)) {
    BASS.STREAMPROC sp = new STREAMPROC() {
        public int STREAMPROC(int handle, ByteBuffer buffer, int length, Object user) {
            // This code is incomplete, only one Return for Testing...
            return BASS.BASS_ChannelGetData(stream1, buffer, length);
        }
    }

this.stream1 = BASSWV.BASS_WV_StreamCreateFile(file, 0, 0, BASS.BASS_STREAM_DECODE);

BASS.BASS_CHANNELINFO info = new BASS_CHANNELINFO();
    BASS.BASS_ChannelGetInfo(this.stream1, info);

stream = BASS.BASS_StreamCreate(info.freq,info.chans,0,sp,0);

// This one causes the error, in the example is BASS_StreamPlay() used, but this method doesen't here?
    BASS.BASS_ChannelPlay(this.stream, false);
}

Thank you! Smiley
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: 6 Dec '11 - 16:03 »
Reply with quoteQuote

If I remove "LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES := bass" then libbass.so is not included in the .apk in LIB Sad

That's strange. Did you still keep the BASS library rule block? "LOCAL_MODULE := bass", etc.

Actually i am trying to make my Android App gapless playback friendly. I found here an example on this forum, but it crashes my VM (on Emulator,, didn't try this code on my phone). I have uploaded the logcat as an image cause eclipse doesn't export it to the Log.txt.

Ah yes, there was a problem in the Java STREAMPROC callback handler. An update to correct that is now up in the package (in the 1st post). Let me know if you still have any trouble with it.
Bass4Android
« Reply #31 on: 6 Dec '11 - 19:15 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

thx 4 update, seems to work now. But i don't hear any sound. Is there something wrong in my code?

Thank you
bjadams

« Reply #32 on: 6 Dec '11 - 19:16 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes, "LOCAL_MODULE := bass" is still there.

If you have some time, can you maybe test with the project files I uploaded on the ftp?

Thanks a lot.
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: 7 Dec '11 - 15:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote

thx 4 update, seems to work now. But i don't hear any sound. Is there something wrong in my code?

Oops! There was still a problem in the Java STREAMPROC callback handler (it was ignoring the return value). Another update to correct that is up now (in the 1st post).

If you have some time, can you maybe test with the project files I uploaded on the ftp?

Ah, I see what you mean. Removing the "APP_MODULES" line from your Application.mk file (or else adding "bass" to it) should sort that.
Lbaudio

« Reply #34 on: 17 Dec '11 - 18:41 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Android X86 3.2 4.0 for PC
http://www.android-x86.org/screenshot
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: 19 Dec '11 - 17:32 »
Reply with quoteQuote

An Android version of the BASSMIDI add-on is now available (see the 1st post), along with a port of the MIDITEST example.
fulbert

« Reply #36 on: 23 Dec '11 - 09:23 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi,

Does the current BASS for Android support pushing data to stream [STREAMPROC_PUSH] as the enumeration for this does not seem to exist?

Edit: Nmind what I said above, rather how do I create a stream for push?
« Last Edit: 23 Dec '11 - 09:26 by fulbert » Logged
Ian @ un4seen
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: 23 Dec '11 - 15:54 »
Reply with quoteQuote

The Java class was missing the required BASS_StreamCreate overload for dummy/push stream support. An update to address that is up now (in the 1st post). Using that, you can create a push stream like this...

stream=BASS.BASS_StreamCreate(freq, chans, flags, BASS.STREAMPROC_PUSH, null);
fulbert

« Reply #38 on: 24 Dec '11 - 08:34 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Thanks! I will give it a go when I am back in office. Merry Christmas!
fulbert

« Reply #39 on: 27 Dec '11 - 06:41 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yup the push stream is working. Thanks!

Will BASS_FX be available for Android as well and if so is there an estimate on when it will be available?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: