18 Apr '14 - 19:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Interpolator  (Read 1151 times)
xo
« on: 30 Jan '12 - 21:27 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi All,

Could you make it possible to interpolate to 192 kHz? Also, how does your sinc interpolator compare to e.g. SoX?
http://sox.sourceforge.net/SoX/Resampling

I want to master some classic amiga and PC mods to utmost quality possible today.

I guess the best way is to upsample each sample to 384 kHz, then mix together the tracks and downsample the result to 192 kHz.

Too extreme? :-P

Best regards,
xo
Dotpitch

« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan '12 - 06:32 »
Reply with quoteQuote

Could you make it possible to interpolate to 192 kHz?
Just type 192000 in the 'Sample rate'-box on the Output page of Options and stuff.

Also, how does your sinc interpolator compare to e.g. SoX?
I remember we discussed this before, but the actual comparison was never made. Feel free if you like to Smiley.
saga

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan '12 - 11:26 »
Reply with quoteQuote

I want to master some classic amiga and PC mods to utmost quality possible today.
The best way to play Amiga MODs would be to completely disable sample interpolation and set the playback rate to, uh... 28 point something KHz, actually. Tongue
And yes, you're exaggerating. It's not like you are every going to hear the difference between 44 KHz and 192 KHz, or 48 KHz for that matter. And 384 KHz is definitely over the top. If you want extreme sampling rates, 96 KHz is already enough, but be sure to use at least 24-Bit output resolution as well then.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: