I will try to answer all questions ...
- problem happen immediately from the start of recording, all the time, application restart will fix it, I'm not sure if Bass_RecordStop + Bass_RecordStart will fix it, but I could try to test it
common now, but the problem if it occurs, all records are useless. Our application is monitoring application and records 24/7
and is restarted only few times per year ...
- Can you specific any other software? There are several ways how to record in Win7. Do you want to know if specific way of capturing data from sound card is faulty?
- I am aware that problem can be in drivers/directsound/wasapi/windows... I was solving similar or the same problem several years ago in another application, I don't remember exactly why I write own methods to capture data from sound card, probably drivers issues and I had to write some "hacks", but I couldn't use bass to do it.
- I'm almost sure the source data are correct. Sound card is M-Audio Delta 1010LT, 8 channels (4 stereo), input is from line-in. Application records from all four stereo channels (that means after application start, Bass_RecordStart is called in 4 threads simultaneously) and only 1 of 4 records was corrupted. Sample from another source http://frix.fri.uniza.sk/~gorath/sample_good.mp3
- yes there are latest drivers installed
- there are no other soundcards installed
- Edit: wrong info ... there are 3 soundcards - on-board, Creative SB Audigy, and M-Audio Delta 1010LT, only Creative SB is problematic, so it may be some drivers issue. Anyway if it is driver issue and occurs, is there a way to detect it somehow?
Hope it helps and ready to provide additional information.