Author Topic: BASS_FX 2.4.11.1  (Read 614226 times)

zhiyb

Re: BASS_FX 2.4.11.1
« Reply #700 on: 30 Sep '17 - 17:04 »
Hi ;D

Please test this build:
http://www.jobnik.org/BASS_FX/bass_fx24-linux-aarch64.zip

Hi,

I'm trying to get the osu game working on aarch64.
https://github.com/ppy/osu

Apparently only the first intro sound got played. All other sounds/channels for buttons and music tracks does not start at all. I will try to get more information about the problem.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #701 on: 3 Oct '17 - 13:51 »
To confirm whether that problem is related to BASS_FX, does it not happen if you don't use BASS_FX?

zhiyb

« Reply #702 on: 4 Oct '17 - 10:48 »
To confirm whether that problem is related to BASS_FX, does it not happen if you don't use BASS_FX?

I actually don't think that problem is related to BASS_FX, BASS is more likely. The game need to load BASS and BASS_FX to start, so I need both of them in place. I probably should reduce it to a basic test case.

pgruebele

« Reply #703 on: 22 Nov '17 - 00:57 »
UPDATE:  It turns out my app only loads Bass.Net.dll, bass.dll, and bassopus.dll, so it seems this problem is due to bass_fx.dll not being loaded.  As far as I can tell I have all the latest versions of the 32 bit DLLs (see attached).   Why would bass.dll not load bass_fx.dll?

UPDATE2: I resolved the issue by calling Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Fx.BassFx.LoadMe();  I was under the false impression that bass_fx is loaded automatically.

I am getting an error when trying to use any of the BASS_FX_BFX_XXX effects.

With this code, t2 is 0 and error is Bass.BASSError.BASS_ERROR_ILLTYPE:

var t1 = Bass.BASS_StreamCreateFile(@"C:\test.mp3", 0, 0, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT);
   var t2 = Bass.BASS_ChannelSetFX(t1, BASSFXType.BASS_FX_BFX_BQF, 0);
        var error = Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode();        // always BASS_ERROR_ILLTYPE

This code works:

var t1 = Bass.BASS_StreamCreateFile(@"C:\test.mp3", 0, 0, BASSFlag.BASS_DEFAULT);
   var t2 = Bass.BASS_ChannelSetFX(t1, BASSFXType.BASS_FX_DX8_ECHO, 0);
        var error = Bass.BASS_ErrorGetCode();       // OK

It seems that DX8 effects work but BASS_FX_BFX_XXX don't.   I am attaching an image which shows all the latest bass file versions in my executable folder (I have bass_fx).  This is under Win32 and my init code does the following:

Bass.BASS_SetConfig(BASSConfig.BASS_CONFIG_UPDATEPERIOD, 20);
            Bass.BASS_SetConfig(BASSConfig.BASS_CONFIG_BUFFER, 125);
            Bass.BASS_SetConfig(BASSConfig.BASS_CONFIG_FLOATDSP, 1);

Any ideas how to get this to work?
« Last Edit: 22 Nov '17 - 01:55 by pgruebele »

radio42

« Reply #704 on: 22 Nov '17 - 07:23 »
No.
Any native dll is typically only loaded automatically with the first method call to it. Eg. call the GetVersion method of BassFx.
Or load it manually via the LoadMe method - but make sure to call FreeMe at the end.