regarding the first tests on bassenc-arm-hf,
i recompiled your "server" test application
and tried with an usb headset.
So i get, at the client end, a glitchy audio,
something like if some samples were missing,
something like if i have a N length buffer but
i miss 1 or 2 samples when i read from it (or write to).
I cannot explain in a better way, but i used this
example because it is the same effect i got when
i was experimenting with the dsp callback and
i was processing the wrong number of samples.
Likewise, the vlc player i'm using, often disconnects
for a while then immediately rebuffers and restart, like
it's consuming data faster than those the encoder can produce.
I tried the mp3 encoder alone from console window,
converting a wav file into an mp3 and it seems ok.
I tried to write the encoded data directly to disc, instead
of streaming them out, tried both mp3 and wav,
and i get the "glitchy" audio on both.
The usb headset was brand new, i didn't know if it could
be defective, so i plugged it into a windows machine and it is ok.
Finally, i copied the same source i'm testing on the arm machine
and recompiled it on a linux-386: using your linux-386
bass and bassenc, all is ok, no glitches, no client disconnecting.
after further investigation, it seems a driver/hardware problem
related to usb stream not being synchronized.
Hoping that someone will fix that.