Author Topic: Playlist issues with XMPlay  (Read 181 times)

Bill

Playlist issues with XMPlay
« on: 29 Oct '17 - 11:09 »
I'd like to shuffle my library without any of the songs being added to the playlist automatically. I'd like to add to the PL on my own free will. When ever I play a track, it adds it to the PL auto. So when I try to skip to the next one, it just repeats it. I have almost 6000 tracker mod music files in my library, and I'd like to shuffle them all in random order. Is there a way to disable the audo add to playlist function? I tried looking and I couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Btw, I love this program a lot!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Playlist issues with XMPlay
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct '17 - 16:51 »
Is there a way to disable the audo add to playlist function?

I'm afraid there isn't currently any way to play a file directly from the library; a file needs to be in the playlist before it can be played. If you only want to play files from the library, what you could try is enabling the "Replace playlist when playing" option in the "Library" options page, to have the playlist cleared whenever you play a file from the library. That will leave you with a playlist that only contains the file that's being played.

Bill

Re: Playlist issues with XMPlay
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct '17 - 04:01 »
Alright, thanks for the info. I guess I have to add all songs to playlist then and save it. So I can shuffle them all without any issues. Really love the player though, you guys did a great job.