Author Topic: [Feature Request] Disable extension association.  (Read 10992 times)

saga

Re: [Feature Request] Disable extension association.
« Reply #25 on: 3 Jul '13 - 09:52 »
I tried setting "okt mod" as priority file types for in_sk00l, and that made it handle MOD files (rather than XMPlay handling them) and OKT files (rather than xmp-openmpt doing it)... So that seems to work. Is that Winamp plugin actually able to play those files if you temporarily remove the XMPlay plugin?
« Last Edit: 3 Jul '13 - 09:54 by saga »

B00daW

« Reply #26 on: 3 Jul '13 - 16:54 »
Yes it does.  This particular VGM file takes advantage of the latest VGM spec and the HuC6280 (PCE/TG-16) which uses multi-channel PCM.  I uploaded the plugin because the author's website appears to be down and I cannot find the latest version anywhere else.

Rename the song ZIP file as VGZ.

A subsequent post will have the newest in_vgm.
Here is the newest in_vgm (v0.40.3) that uses the 1.70 VGM spec.

Dotpitch

« Reply #27 on: 3 Jul '13 - 18:43 »
I can confirm this is going wrong. With just in_vgm, it's all fine. With both in_vgm and xmp-gme (link), xmp-gme gets to play the file irrespective of the Priority filetypes. Perhaps interestingly, in that case 'Plugin file info' will only work on a vgm-track which is not playing, indicating something is going wrong with the interface for Winamp input plugins.

B00daW

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jul '13 - 03:28 »
Thanks for verifying.  I love having a player with high-compatibility like XMPlay.  But at the moment, unfortunately, it's not seamless and smooth without this kink being ironed out.

rst

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jul '13 - 13:45 »
i'm agree. XMplay must show some window with the plugin prioritios. See for example how performs that action the BS.Player.