Author Topic: Suggestions for 3.8  (Read 76580 times)

saga

Re: Suggestions for 3.8
« Reply #175 on: 12 Jun '13 - 10:51 »
2500 posts, wohoo! Congrats Dotpitch! ;D

Dotpitch

« Reply #176 on: 12 Jun '13 - 16:23 »
2500 posts, wohoo! Congrats Dotpitch! ;D
Thanks you :).

moriez

« Reply #177 on: 17 Jun '13 - 15:41 »
Lately I need to switch between two outputs. Is there a faster way to reach the ''output'' entries than the current way?

Edit: a suggestion is to save the last known selected option in the left pane (appearance->output) at XMPlay exit.
Or pre-define at start-up which output is to be used.

« Last Edit: 18 Jun '13 - 06:43 by moriez »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: 18 Jun '13 - 15:08 »
Lately I need to switch between two outputs. Is there a faster way to reach the ''output'' entries than the current way?

It is possible to set a shortcut to open the Output options page.

moriez

« Reply #179 on: 18 Jun '13 - 16:56 »
It is possible to set a shortcut to open the Output options page.

So it is. Needed the pointer :)

moriez

« Reply #180 on: 29 Sep '13 - 09:46 »
Slight improvement for the equalizer would be to show the db steps when using the up/down arrow keys. Arrow keys give better control than mouse.

An additional request to the above: left/right arrows for selecting previous/next band.
« Last Edit: 3 Oct '13 - 18:21 by moriez »

joe2100

« Reply #181 on: 7 Oct '13 - 20:45 »
Could you create a function to automatically add the currently playing file to a playlist? That way if a long playlist is playing it would be as easy as pushing a button to save the file, as opposed to now where I stop what i'm doing and copy the info to a note. just a suggestion. thank you, keep up the great work.

rst

« Reply #182 on: 12 Oct '13 - 00:34 »
suggest a feature to be able to separe the vis window to other new windows allowing to view the playlist at same time.

And/Or show the song title into the vis window when it isnt full screen.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct '13 - 00:38 by rst »

rst

« Reply #183 on: 16 Oct '13 - 14:10 »
i want to precisse my last reply.

It is good to have the vis into the playlist, but sometimes is good to watch the music file information.
May i suggest some setting to overlay the 'general' tab information over the 'vis' tab ?

I think that it could be useful.

piovrauz

« Reply #184 on: 27 Oct '13 - 22:02 »
I'd like to ask for the ability to customize (increase) the number of tracks shown in the info windows while playing a stream.
Actually it shows 5 entries, and I'd like it to be 20 or more, even infinite (well, uber high) if possible.
Thanks.

tomas

« Reply #185 on: 7 Nov '13 - 17:00 »
Maybe add subpixel scrolling in progressbar?
See gif animation post or exe-demo zip, 82kb.
If you view exe-demo:
right mouse button in large image = on/off autoscroll
left mouse button in large image = on/off tracking for progressbar
middle mouse button in large image = inverse direction for autoscroll
The top progressbar - standard.
The lower progressbar - with sub-pixel rendering.
The top picture - it looks like live.
Lower picture - increased top to view the details.
How does this work: draw a progressbar in a temporary buffer with a resolution of x4, and then reduce the image by 4 times and draw on the form.

And maybe move the balance slider to the equalizer? Who uses them? And volume slider to stretch the full width - they use most often.

Dotpitch

« Reply #186 on: 7 Nov '13 - 21:55 »
And maybe move the balance slider to the equalizer? Who uses them? And volume slider to stretch the full width - they use most often.
You don't have to stick to the default skins, there are more available on the Support Site. Some will probably have a wider volume slider :).

piovrauz

« Reply #187 on: 15 Nov '13 - 22:22 »
I'd like to ask for a little option to be implemented.
As of now, the volume tooltips are made using the bubbles.
I'd like to have the volume info (volume levels while setting it, actual volume while mouseovering on the volume slider) to also be displayed on the "display" where the title is displayed.
That way one could turn off the bubbles, and have the volume info still shown in the interface. Is this possible?
Taking this further on, I suppose one could ask for all of the info given by bubbles routed on the title display area (like mouseover, tooltips, ...).
What do you think?

Cosworth

« Reply #188 on: 25 Nov '13 - 16:43 »
Maybe it suggested earlier... What about adding another playlist like in Foobar2000 or AIMP?

xaos

« Reply #189 on: 1 Dec '13 - 01:21 »
Spent too much time skinning recently ..

The extended info window has " color_infoback " .. would it be possible to extend it to allow specifying a two or three color gradient with horizontal or vertical fill possibility? ... with a similar setting added for the extended playlist?

(also, is there an up to date skinconfig example and/or skinning kit xmp-skin.txt with all the recent additions in it?)
« Last Edit: 1 Dec '13 - 01:30 by xaos »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: 2 Dec '13 - 16:50 »
The extended info window has " color_infoback " .. would it be possible to extend it to allow specifying a two or three color gradient with horizontal or vertical fill possibility? ... with a similar setting added for the extended playlist?

I think that would be possible for the playlist/library modes, but I'm not sure about the other info window modes due to the way they currently work. The General/Samples/Message content is pre-generated when the info window is opened in those modes, and then it's simply "blitted" into the info window whenever the info window is resized/scrolled (or repainted by Windows). That also applies to the MOD pattern display vis mode. With a gradient background, the content would need to be regenerated whenever the info window is resized or scrolled (or constantly in the case of the MOD pattern display).

(also, is there an up to date skinconfig example and/or skinning kit xmp-skin.txt with all the recent additions in it?)

The skinning kit hasn't been updated yet, but here's a list of the skinconfig options that have been added since 3.7:

minversion = 3.7.0.41         ; minimum XMPlay version required by skin
scaler_list = 1.0 1.0 1.0      ; applied on top of other "scalers" for playlist background (details: here)
scaler_listtext = 1.0 1.0 1.0   ; applied on top of other "scalers" for playlist text
pos_amprange = 0            ; amp slider range (0 = +10/-15dB, 1 = +/-20dB)
pos_flashpause = 0            ; flash between both states in a multi-state pause bitmap when paused? (0=no, 1=yes)
vis = xmp-coverart.svp         ; default vis plugin for main window vis display
font_infolistposalign = 2      ; info window playlist position/count alignment (0=centre, 1=left, 2=right)
font_infosearchalign = 1      ; info window search text alignment (0=centre, 1=left, 2=right)

The last 2 alignment options only apply when a separate search text area (mask index 19) is provided in the info window playlist. Besides that, the other addition in the masks is the main window vis display, which is mask index 27 in the main panel. Let me know if you have any question or requests.

xaos

« Reply #191 on: 2 Dec '13 - 22:23 »

I think that would be possible for the playlist/library modes, but I'm not sure about the other info window modes due to the way they currently work. The General/Samples/Message content is pre-generated when the info window is opened in those modes, and then it's simply "blitted" into the info window whenever the info window is resized/scrolled (or repainted by Windows). That also applies to the MOD pattern display vis mode. With a gradient background, the content would need to be regenerated whenever the info window is resized or scrolled (or constantly in the case of the MOD pattern display).

Makes sense. Regenerating pre-generated content would be redundant, and somewhat a waste of resources. It wouldn't be practical to have a gradient anywhere near vis mode either.

The playlist and library modes would suffice if possible. A max of three colors should do the trick. My doubt  is how well the scaling may work. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to try it, and the only way to try it is if you're willing to code it.

Thanks for considering it, and for the list of skinconfig stuff.

Oh, minversion .. does that break older versions? or just warn that some things may not work properly?
.. falls back to default .. okay. ..
[edit] .. a little off the original request, but .. if possible, reading minversion into the error message would be useful for making it easier to figure out which version of the skin is needed.
« Last Edit: 3 Dec '13 - 21:19 by xaos »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: 4 Dec '13 - 16:28 »
The playlist and library modes would suffice if possible. A max of three colors should do the trick. My doubt  is how well the scaling may work. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to try it, and the only way to try it is if you're willing to code it.

Just to be sure, did you have in mind the gradient applying to each playlist entry or the entire window? I think the latter could look a bit out of place if it doesn't also apply to the other info window modes.

xaos

« Reply #193 on: 4 Dec '13 - 18:56 »

Just to be sure, did you have in mind the gradient applying to each playlist entry or the entire window? I think the latter could look a bit out of place if it doesn't also apply to the other info window modes.
(anything in the already existing options for building/customizing a skin can make something look out of place.)

The entire window.

' info_back_list.bmp ' already allows changing the background of each ext.playlist/library entry ...
' color_infoback ' allows changing the entire background color of the ext.info window ...

.. but the ext.playlist/library just picks it's fill color from the middle of the playlist panel. No options.

I think options, so I thot gradient.
Depending on how difficult it is to add the ability to customize the background of the ext.playlist/library window, instead of coding for just a single color, make it an optional multi-color gradient right away, with at least horizontal/vertical fill options for the gradient. (rotational degree might be an idea too)

perhaps something like;

color_infobacklist = color ;(single color=solid fill) =color,color  =color,color,color :horiz:vert:45  ;(multi colors=gradient fill :direction or rotational degree)

Thank you for being willing to consider it.
« Last Edit: 4 Dec '13 - 19:12 by xaos »

Novarius31

« Reply #194 on: 5 Dec '13 - 01:31 »
How bout an option for 5.1 and 7.1 audio with a option up-mix stereo to said range as well as 6.1 to 7.1

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: 6 Dec '13 - 18:06 »
' info_back_list.bmp ' already allows changing the background of each ext.playlist/library entry ...
' color_infoback ' allows changing the entire background color of the ext.info window ...

.. but the ext.playlist/library just picks it's fill color from the middle of the playlist panel. No options.

The "color_infoback" setting does actually apply to the ext.playlist/library modes too; it supersedes the "middle of the playlist panel" colour for all info window modes.

I'm currently looking into the gradient option. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like an angle option will be possible, but horizontal/vertical gradients are mostly working except for when an alpha channel is used; that will need to be sorted.

How bout an option for 5.1 and 7.1 audio with a option up-mix stereo to said range as well as 6.1 to 7.1

If you're using Windows 7/8, you can achieve what you want by enabling the "Speaker Fill" option in the device's "Enhancements" settings in the "Sound" control panel.

xaos

« Reply #196 on: 6 Dec '13 - 21:48 »
The "color_infoback" setting does actually apply to the ext.playlist/library modes too; it supersedes the "middle of the playlist panel" colour for all info window modes.
Ah .. that's what I get for not trying it just because of it's description .. figures. Thanks.

I'm currently looking into the gradient option. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like an angle option will be possible, but horizontal/vertical gradients are mostly working except for when an alpha channel is used; that will need to be sorted.

Cool. Reads like fun.

rst

« Reply #197 on: 7 Dec '13 - 13:31 »
a suggestion for the 3.8 should be video playback. Even if supports only the most basic formats.

For me it is clear, XMplay is so far the best audio media player that exists for windows.
Why not to follow that with the video playback in mind ?

thx

piovrauz

« Reply #198 on: 7 Dec '13 - 14:12 »
While I personally think XMPlay should remain a pure audio player, since there already are excellent solutions to play video (LAV, madVR, mpc-HC, smplayer, ...), I should point you to xmp-ffmpeg input plugin, which could probably do video decodimg too; it's a young new born pluginn that as of now can decode audio from most video containers, but its core can decode video formats too, and the dev should be working on it (it's the guy who's developing bass_video I think).
Be aware that the video quality won't probably match one of the previous solutions (video players), just think of a/v synch, color calibration, tearing, ... a (video) domain of possible problems XMPlay is (I suppose) completely new to.

garson

« Reply #199 on: 7 Dec '13 - 22:20 »
Only new thing in 3.8 I would like to see is expansion of tracks from cue file. :)
That has been discussed many times on forum, but I'm not sure if it is going to be added in 3.8.  :-\