Author Topic: Hard-docked info window - allow dragging info window to move entire app  (Read 2217 times)

robertcollier4

The info window is very strange in that it is free-floating. It should behave like the "Output Options" and "Playlist" panes - in which it can be slid into or out of the main player via clicking on an edge.

The main thing is that the info window contains the most amount of free space - I would like to be able to drag around the entire XMPlay app via clicking on an empty space in the info window and dragging. But if I drag via the info window - only the info window moves and not everything.

In the main app - there is no titlebar, and there is not much free space to be able to drag with. So it is hard for me to drag around the application.

See the following screenshot - the info window could be slid out from the bottom edge:

« Last Edit: 30 Dec '12 - 02:10 by robertcollier4 »

Jace

You can already (sort of) do that. There's the "Appearance -> Info window -> Move with main window" checkbox, but that only moves the info with the main window, not the other way around.

But there IS a way to do it the other way too. Put your left mouse button down on the blank area in info window, then right-click. Now both windows move as one.

Wonder if there's a reason why the options setting only goes one way

robertcollier4

But there IS a way to do it the other way too. Put your left mouse button down on the blank area in info window, then right-click. Now both windows move as one.

Very interesting - yep, dragging info window with Left+Right mousebuttons together allows info window to drag main window along with it. This means that the code to support this is already in the app and it would just be just a matter of changing a small flag. Would be nice if this was the default behavior when "Move with main window" is checked.

Or rather the option could be called - "Move info and main windows together".