Author Topic: Where to put bass.dll in a mvc.net application  (Read 1438 times)

PeteFox

Hi everybody!
I'm new here (and to bass.net), so I really hope someone here can help me.

A couple a days ago I made a console application, that draws a waveform image of a MP3 file - works perfectly. But now I decided to re-write it all into a mvc.net application, and this is where my problem comes.

I've put my bass.dll file in the /bin folder, but for some reason i keep getting:

{"Unable to load DLL 'bass.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"}

Can anyone here tell me where to put the fill to make it work?

All the best,
Peter

PeteFox

Re: Where to put bass.dll in a mvc.net application
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb '13 - 22:24 »
I've spet ALL day on this problem, and still can't figure it out. It seems like the app is not reading from the right directory.

Is there any way of telling bass.net where to look for bass.dll, besides the root dir?

radio42

Re: Where to put bass.dll in a mvc.net application
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb '13 - 07:41 »
By default .Net always first looks into your executable directory, e.g. your /bin directory.
In addition the HRESULT: 0x8007007E just tells you, that a dll is missing, but not exactly which one.
E.g. if the bass.dll or another lib is present, such lib might by itself depend on the presence of other libs.
For MVC.Net apps, this is often the C/C++ runtime libs.
You might use a 'DependenyWalker' to check, if there are any other dlls missing...