Author Topic: The pager skin  (Read 3549 times)

Alexsource

The pager skin
« on: 27 Apr '03 - 01:15 »
For some reason, it does strange things with the two visualizations i've downloaded, wich are cor's explossions and Smear (i've followed a link to an author's page).
It makes some strange quasi-scanlines :o... wondered if someone else had this problem. I've tryed both visualisations both with the default and the risky skin, and they work just as fine there. As the pager skin seems to slow down this computer a bit, wether it has the visuals on or not, and more than risky does, i had thought that it might be the fact that i have an on-board video card on this computer.BTW, I'm on XP. Any ideas why this happen? Am i right? ???

Pike84

Re: The pager skin
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr '03 - 05:19 »
There's no any kind of scanlines here with Pager and Explosions. I'm also on XP, but I'm sure I don't have an on-board video card.. What is an on-board video card exactly?
« Last Edit: 27 Apr '03 - 05:21 by Pike84 »

Alexsource

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr '03 - 15:00 »
I mean those generic videocards that are built in the motherboard and share the main ram (cause they don't come with video ram). BTW, I've tryed the pager on another computer that have avery similar configuration, same amount of ram, a bit slower procesor, and a motherboard of the same series (I'm almost sure is a better model of motherboard with better built-in videocard) and WinME, but it doesn't do that weird thingy here... ??? I'll try increasing the amount of shared ram on the xp machine and see what happens, i thik it might be that, or the built in videocard being less powerful than the one on the WinME machine...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr '03 - 16:02 »
The Pager skin's info window header is probably wider than the recommended maximum, causing the vis to be stretched to fit the window area, which some grafix cards/drivers probably perform better than others. It won't be a problem in 2.7 though, as the vis will use the full window area, without stretching :)

Alexsource

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr '03 - 17:00 »
Cool! That's good to know. 8)(i'll try sharing more memory anyways).Keep up the good work!! ;)