Author Topic: xmplay + win8 / 10  (Read 1007 times)

Tonkutscher

xmplay + win8 / 10
« on: 18 Nov '15 - 11:58 »
Hi there, I am using xmplay for many years now, but I have to buy a new laptop. Actually I am using win7 32 Bit. I could not find any hint wether xmplay works on win 8 or 10. Whats about 64Bit? Its a cool small tool. I don't have any experiences in programming, so sorry if my question sounds stupid    ::)

Thanks

saga

Re: xmplay + win8 / 10
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov '15 - 13:08 »
Just like 99% of all other software, XMPlay runs on Windows 8 / 10 just like it does on Windows 7. Also on the 64-bit editions, of course. The same should apply for pretty much all XMPlay plugins.
If I were you I'd stay with Windows 7 though. ;D

Tonkutscher

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov '15 - 13:17 »
Thanks for the quick answer! I agree, I'd like to stay on Win7, but it's not so easy to find a new Laptop with the features I need an win7. Most have Win8.

saga

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov '15 - 13:32 »
Well, if you don't mind a bit of effort on your own, it's still possible to install your own OS and throw away the one that shipped with the laptop, although it might indeed be difficult for some models these days to find Windows 7 drivers - you'd have to do a bit of research to find this out in advance.

Tonkutscher

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov '15 - 14:48 »
I agree, i had this done on my old laptop. It's an LG E500 and it came with Vista  :(. So I changed to Win7 but this was always a little bit tricky, cause there are problems with the graphic driver and the sound driver. And I don't want to do this *"!**! again.