Author Topic: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 120465 times)

Leras

Re: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #475 on: 11 Jun '17 - 03:43 »
In a new version bug is fixed. Great support!

Ian, thank you so much for great player!

tails__

« Reply #476 on: 7 Aug '17 - 09:48 »
Ugh, I beg my pardon for posting in a wrong thread a few days ago.
Here's the link: http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=15431.msg124674#msg124674

TL;DR: XMPlay does not break lines as supposed when text width is set in setting for Chinese/Japanese text and in file path.

Aryetis

« Reply #477 on: 7 Aug '17 - 09:53 »
Hello,

I recently (couple months ago) updated to windows 10 and doing so I also updated my old xmplay. But since then whenever I change its skin from default to "whatever" the change do occurs, but gets rested back to default whenever I close and reopen xmplay.

Any ideas of what could be causing that sort of behavior ? Am I the only one in this case ?

EDIT : it doesn't keep track of opened files in the playlist either ... Seems to me like xmplay cannot create some file where it keeps its setting, playlists and such, maybe due to writing permissions ... Thought I don't even remember where that file is supposed to be and can't find any logs :/
« Last Edit: 7 Aug '17 - 11:59 by Aryetis »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #478 on: 7 Aug '17 - 17:35 »
Yes, that does sound like XMPlay is unable to write its config files. Where do you have XMPlay installed, and do you see an XMPLAY.INI file there after closing XMPlay? You could try enabling the "Store per-user config/etc" option in the "Miscellaneous" options page and see if that helps.

Aryetis

« Reply #479 on: 7 Aug '17 - 19:49 »
Got my xmplay installed in C:\outils\xmplay3823\ (outils <=> tools), I even "took ownership" of the whole folder to make sure there would be no permission conflicts. But it looks like it wasn't enough because I can't see any XMPLAY.INI in this folder. The "Store per user config" trick worked out fine for me, thank you.
So yeah I'm pretty sure the issue is on my side and not xmplay related, but if you need any informations to confirm this, please ask for it and I shall provide

saga

« Reply #480 on: 16 Aug '17 - 17:14 »
Filenames in LZH archies are not displayed correctly in the song properties. For example, taking the LZH file from this post, the filenames for all playlist entries are "gold.lhz|", with the in-archive filename missing after the pipe character.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #481 on: 17 Aug '17 - 16:38 »
The problem is caused by the archive entry having some funky characters and the LHA/LZH plugin isn't converting them to UTF-8 for XMPlay. Here's an update that should handle it:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmp-lha.dll

sveakul

« Reply #482 on: 17 Aug '17 - 20:38 »
As the BASS module for Opus decoding was released June 30th updating the core decoder to libopus 1.2.1, would it be possible to release an updated version of xmp-opus.dll reflecting the same update to 1.2.1?  Thanks for your attention

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #483 on: 18 Aug '17 - 16:47 »
As I recall, libopus 1.2(.1) didn't introduce any decoding improvements/fixes (only encoding). Still, a higher version number looks better, so I've put up an Opus plugin update now anyway :)

sveakul

« Reply #484 on: 18 Aug '17 - 18:14 »
Thanks Ian, I appreciate both your fast response and the update!  Been ripping music to 1.2.1 heavily and nice to be sure I have the speed improvements on both the encoding and decoding end of things.  Excited about this codec in general.

BTW, what is the relationship of the "regular" BASS modules to the "xmp-" versions that xmplay uses?  Seeing as some players use the standard BASS dll's as-is (Musicbee, Aimp, etc) I've been curious as to why xmplay does not, as they seem to be from the same developer (you?).

Thanks again for great support.