Author Topic: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 222349 times)

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #650 on: 4 Jul '19 - 16:03 »
Here's another try :)

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

saga

« Reply #651 on: 4 Jul '19 - 19:27 »
All seems fine now. :)

Folinos

« Reply #652 on: 8 Jul '19 - 16:16 »
When i change volume for application in mixer volume windows, change audio volume but not update volume slide in xmPlay.

Cosworth

« Reply #653 on: 16 Jul '19 - 20:34 »
Hi. How should work correctly function "Explore Folder"?
Noticed, first run explore folder, I see opened folder without selected music file. Second run, folder opened with selected music file. Is it bug or it should work that way?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #654 on: 17 Jul '19 - 15:55 »
When you click on "Explore Folder", it should open Windows Explorer in the file's folder and select the file. If that isn't happening for you, please state what Windows version you're using.

Cosworth

« Reply #655 on: 17 Jul '19 - 21:21 »
When you click on "Explore Folder", it should open Windows Explorer in the file's folder and select the file. If that isn't happening for you, please state what Windows version you're using.

Win 7 x64

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #656 on: 19 Jul '19 - 15:26 »
I don't seem to be able to reproduce that here. Does it happen with every file or only the first? Does Windows Explorer take longer to open when the problem happens? If so, perhaps there's some internal timeout that skips the selection step if it takes too long? I'm not sure.

Cosworth

« Reply #657 on: 20 Jul '19 - 23:21 »
I don't seem to be able to reproduce that here. Does it happen with every file or only the first? Does Windows Explorer take longer to open when the problem happens? If so, perhaps there's some internal timeout that skips the selection step if it takes too long? I'm not sure.

Today I've tested this bug, it happens only with Drag'n'Drop folder or Add folder to playlist. I tried on two different PC with Win 7(one x64, second x32). Even with system "Safemod".
It happens with all file numbers.
Windows Explorer run fast without any lags.
I think bug happens only with folder, that you didn't open it after startup PC. But sometime it works correct. It seems like "heisenbug" ???

Funny thing, I've tried Winamp 5.666 and Explore Folder works very well.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul '19 - 08:08 by Cosworth »

saga

« Reply #658 on: 12 Aug '19 - 20:04 »
XMPlay has an issue with this 15-sample MOD, most samples staying silent. https://modarchive.org/module.php?186114

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #659 on: 14 Aug '19 - 17:48 »
The problem with that file is that it is shorter than it should be (the final sample is cut short), which is confusing XMPlay's pattern detection (it detects 27 instead of 39) and resulting in it being at the wrong file position for the start of the sample data. There are other 15 sample MOD files that need the pattern detection (to ignore junk in the order list), so it can't be removed but perhaps it an be tweaked. I'll look into it. The tricky thing in this file's case is that there are 27 patterns in the played part of the order list (the higher patterns aren't played) and that number perfectly fits the size of the file (there's space for exactly 27 patterns), so XMPlay's detection looks correct even though it doesn't sound correct.

garson

« Reply #660 on: 25 Aug '19 - 21:49 »
Hi Ian.

Having in mind size differences of various skins, is it possible to add feature that will save position per skin?
For example I have these 2 skins below ,first one has bigger windows so when I change to skin 2, Info window and Playlist window are separated.

Is it possible to save window position per skin (as an option for example)?

saga

« Reply #661 on: 22 Sep '19 - 12:07 »
I think there must some unintentional change with how auto-looping works introduced a while ago, because my loop presets that I set up many moons ago no longer work as intended. For looping MODs, I have set Loop to Never, and "Auto-loop any track ending with sound" is checked and a fade-out duration of 10 seconds is set. Yet, for example the this module just refuses to loop under these conditions: https://modarchive.org/module.php?167095

I also spotted another issue with the sample swapping implementation in ProTracker MODs:
https://modarchive.org/module.php?57492
In the first pattern, channel 4, row 62, you will hear a bogus note. Since there is only an instrument number and no note was previously sounded, it should stay silent.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep '19 - 12:12 by saga »