Author Topic: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs  (Read 242183 times)

saga

Re: 3.8 reports, queries and bugs
« Reply #675 on: 20 Oct '19 - 18:48 »
ramon: I think the Delix issue should best be reported in the Delix plugin thread, as it's not a general issue of XMPlay.

Could it be that the recent change about disabled S3M channels broke other stuff? This module used to sound fine, but I have no idea when exactly it stopped working:
https://modarchive.org/module.php?48485
On channel 3 there are some speed commands but they seem to be ignored. Both ST3 and IT (which was used to save the file) play the speed commands as intended.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #676 on: 21 Oct '19 - 14:42 »
Oops! The S3M channel disabling "fix" in the last update was buggy. Here's another update that should sort it:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

This update will also retain the "Priority filetypes" settings of removed plugins in the "PluginTypes" XMPLAY.INI entry.

saga

« Reply #677 on: 21 Oct '19 - 20:00 »
Both fixes confirmed. Thanks a lot!

saga

« Reply #678 on: 30 Oct '19 - 19:45 »
Right now the amplification slider in the DSP tab has its step size set to 8dB; this is quite a drastic change, in particular if you intended to actually drag the slider but accidentally clicked next to it. Could the step size be lowered to 3dB or 6dB maybe?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #679 on: 1 Nov '19 - 13:43 »
Yup, I will change that for the next update. In the meantime, you can just click on the other side of the slider to get it back where it was :)

saga

« Reply #680 on: 1 Nov '19 - 23:07 »
After the jump-scare from the sudden increase involume, yes ;D

saga

« Reply #681 on: 26 Dec '19 - 12:37 »
Merry Christmas ;D

Here's a little bug in IT replay that cuts off a note prematurely; it's a bit of a hacky situation where a note-off event is fired to slowly fade out the instrument, but a gating effect is achieved by having subsequent instrument numbers recall the instrument's default volume. If those instrument numbers are replaced with volume effects, it plays as intended, but with the instrument numbers the file just stops playing immediately.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to attach the example file!
« Last Edit: 26 Dec '19 - 13:41 by saga »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #682 on: 27 Dec '19 - 18:00 »
Thanks for the present ;D

Here's an update that seems to get it playing properly:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/xmplay.exe

Let me know if you find that it's broken things for any other IT (or perhaps S3M) files.

saga

« Reply #683 on: 30 Dec '19 - 13:22 »
Thanks for the quick fix, now the file plays perfectly!

Rah'Dick

• XMPlay Support
« Reply #684 on: 6 Jan '20 - 03:02 »
Hey there!

I'm currently working on a high-resolution "4K" version of my old "Plastic" skin and noticed something:
Normally, when you right-click a volume slider, it mutes XMPlay and the slider knob disappears to reflect the muted state. However, when you right-click a volume knob, the last knob image of the sequence (full volume) is shown. Am I missing something or should there be some kind of "knob_volume_muted" image in the skin?
Nevermind, I was just too stupid to realize that the knob image is being hidden and the panel_main image is shown instead. I had the full volume state there by default, thinking it's never visible.

The main window is already finished, just need to add the mini mode and info window. I hope you don't mind a preview - see attachment.

Many greets and a happy new year,
Thomas
« Last Edit: 6 Jan '20 - 06:02 by Rah'Dick »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #685 on: 6 Jan '20 - 16:21 »
That looks great :)

MachineGhost

« Reply #686 on: 11 Jan '20 - 17:14 »
Upgraded to latest Windows 10 build 1909.  XMplay 3.8.4 is locking up and becoming non-responsive after a certain number of Internet streaming hours, definitely at least 24 hours.  Display is stuck on "buffering".

« Last Edit: 11 Jan '20 - 17:20 by MachineGhost »