Author Topic: XMP-ZXTune  (Read 7947 times)

jbb666

XMP-ZXTune
« on: 13 May '14 - 02:33 »
There is a great Spectrum player called ZXTune. It is able to play many Spectrum formats and it is leaps and bounds better that the winamp Spectrum plugin which is very buggy and inaccurate. ZXTune has a library file called libzxtune and there is already a foobar plugin. Would it be possible for someone who knows what they're doing to make the library libzxtune into an XMPlay plugin? My knowledge of coding is very basic and I can only troubleshoot or slightly modify code that has already been written. If I tried to write a plugin myself I could just about guarantee that it would not work. There is a very large library of Spectrum files I would love to be able to add to my XMPlay library. I prefer to have one media player to play as many file formats as possible so that I can create random playlists that are diverse. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. If not I will try to do it myself but I really don't know what I'm doing or where to learn.

-brycco

Re: XMP-ZXTune
« Reply #1 on: 18 May '14 - 02:36 »
eh.. there is source of a foobar2000 plugin. could be not too crazy to turn it into a xmp if anyone's up to it. i'd do it but my C++ ability is horrible, and i have no time
https://github.com/djdron/zxtune/blob/master/apps/foo_input_zxtune/src/foo_input_zxtune.cpp

rst

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul '14 - 15:09 »
i am agree, it would be nice to have that feature also on XMplay

djdron

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr '15 - 17:36 »
Hi, guys!)

From developer of the foobar2000 plugin i proudly present plugin for XMPlay.

Features are the same as described in this topic.

ZXED

Sorry, i didn't know about your port.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr '15 - 19:29 by djdron »

rst

« Reply #4 on: 3 May '15 - 19:45 »
wow, thx so much !

deus-ex

« Reply #5 on: 10 May '15 - 09:59 »
Hi djdron,

nice to welcome you on the XMPlay forums, too. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you for also providing a native XMPlay port of your ZX-tune player plugin. One thing that easily catches the eye is that the file size your plugin is ~5 MB smaller than ZXED's edition. Both plugins do not use a run-time compression, so I wonder what does cause such a huge difference in file size with both plugins being based on the same source code? Besides from probably using different compilers the additional 5 MB is quite a huge footprint.

Besides, is your plugin probably affected of the same bug ("lost subsong info when subsongs are unseparated") that just got fixed with ZXED's v1.2 release?

brycco

« Reply #6 on: 12 May '15 - 02:33 »
Too Awesome.. I would have never guessed the author would come by here and give us a little gift ;) Good work.. going to have fun with this

djdron

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun '15 - 11:15 »
Thank you for also providing a native XMPlay port of your ZX-tune player plugin. One thing that easily catches the eye is that the file size your plugin is ~5 MB smaller than ZXED's edition. Both plugins do not use a run-time compression, so I wonder what does cause such a huge difference in file size with both plugins being based on the same source code? Besides from probably using different compilers the additional 5 MB is quite a huge footprint.

Hi! Thank you for feedback.
I think ZXED disabled some compiler/linker optimizations for zxtune libraries which lead to link unused code to binary.

Besides, is your plugin probably affected of the same bug ("lost subsong info when subsongs are unseparated") that just got fixed with ZXED's v1.2 release?

I think no) There are different code bases for subsongs support in my & ZXED plugins.

djdron

« Reply #8 on: 23 Nov '15 - 10:22 »
Hi!

Just uploaded new version (rev.3) based on r3500 (oct 30 2015).

Get it here.

Changelog:
    Added DSK images support
    Added MultiTrackContainer (MTC) format support
    Added NSF, NSFE, GBS, SAP, HES, VGM and GYM formats support
    Fixes in PT3 playback
    Fixes in Vortex TXT parsing
    Fixes in DMM processing for samples with invalid loop
    Reduced volume of TFM tracks
    Fixed parsing of some AY modules (BB#12)
    Fixed crash on SID playback finish
    Fixed playback of TS tracks with different duration
    Fixed .ay files playback seeking
« Last Edit: 23 Nov '15 - 10:28 by djdron »

ZXED

« Reply #9 on: 27 Nov '15 - 13:08 »
There's a bug in this version: jumping to a subtune does not reset its playing position for some formats.

How to reproduce:
1. Open the attachment in XMPlay.
2. Separate subsongs.
3. Play the first subtune for a several seconds.
4. Play the second subtune.
5. Play the first subtune again. It will start playing not from the beginning but from the last played position.

It seems like it's some bug in ZXTune (or GME), however ZXTune itself works fine with it, so I'm not really sure. Anyway, I fixed it in my version using the following workaround:
https://bitbucket.org/z80maniac/zxtune-bass/commits/cabfbcba9480f2e3d36be0d64efc9ba31a404c94

I hope you'll be able to apply it to your version somehow too.

djdron

« Reply #10 on: 10 Dec '15 - 00:07 »
ZXED

Thank you for info, i'll fix this in next version.

rst

« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec '15 - 21:58 »
what difference exists between 'XMPZXTUNE' and 'XMP-ZXTUNE' ?

ZXED

« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec '15 - 21:34 »
There can be a slight (or big) difference in sound for some formats since I enabled some post-filters in my version. Also, there might be a difference in supported extensions/formats (I'm not sure about this). There's a difference in what song details are displayed (in the Main window and the General tab). And of course, there's a big difference in filesizes (my version is two times bigger, LOL). Maybe there are some other differences, I don't know. The thing is that I and djdron both released our plugins independently at the same day (at least on this site). Had I known that there would be another ZXTune-based plugin for XMPlay, I wouldn't have bother with mine because my main project on this site is BASSZXTUNE. XMPZXTUNE is just a by-product. But since I already started it I might as well continue to support it. :)

To have a general idea about the difference in sound, you may try to open the music file from the attachment using my plugin then open it using djdron's plugin. Note, that such difference exists only for some formats, not for all of them.

rst

« Reply #13 on: 27 Dec '15 - 12:01 »
why you both dont join forces to create only one ?
because, need we two plugins to do the same ?

also, a 'readme.txt' file side to this plugin would be cool.
« Last Edit: 27 Dec '15 - 12:07 by rst »