Author Topic: HTPC 10-foot user interface Large Skins  (Read 3472 times)

cpo

HTPC 10-foot user interface Large Skins
« on: 18 Apr '13 - 23:04 »
Hi.  I have been using XMPlay for years and I really like it.  However recently, I've begun to use it on a Win7 laptop connected to a 47" TV.  I was looking for large skins that would allow me to see the controls and text easily on a 1920 x 1080 screen from a distance.  I tried many skins and I finally found the Neutron large skin.  However I'd like to suggest making a category for large skins (suitable for HTPC - home theatre PC) on the webpage or making it easier somehow to find these kind of skins.  Does anybody have suggestions for other large skins or other tips to make XMPlay more functional on a 40" + screen?  Is there any way to make the main window longer? Thanks again for everyone who put in all the work to make this great player possible!

Dotpitch

Re: HTPC 10-foot user interface Large Skins
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr '13 - 06:38 »
Does anybody have suggestions for other large skins or other tips to make XMPlay more functional on a 40" + screen?  Is there any way to make the main window longer?
The Main Window is not resizeable or zoomable, so skin authors have to manually scale up the skin. Neutron is a good one, the recent W.T.F. and NeverStop also have larger versions.

garson

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr '13 - 18:32 »
Try Neutron Minimalistic also. ;)
http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=14352.0

cpo

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr '13 - 20:35 »
@garson

Thanks for the suggestion, I really like this skin (Neutron Minimalistic).  But the fonts weren't large enough for me.  I started playing around and found out how to fix this.  I edited skinconfig.txt and changed the following entries to a larger font:

font_listsize
font_listnumsize
font_mainsize
font_timeminisize
font_titlesize

Now it's perfect.

Astral Soup Design

NSMC (NeverStop Media Center)
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr '13 - 01:04 »
If you want, I could produce for you a special edition of NeverStop, making mimic of a Media Center window. ;)

cpo

Re: NSMC (NeverStop Media Center)
« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr '13 - 23:05 »
If you want, I could produce for you a special edition of NeverStop, making mimic of a Media Center window. ;)

Thanks but I really like the Neutron Minimalistic skin.  :)

robertcollier4

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec '15 - 02:43 »
Neutron Minimalistic has been renamed to Delta Black
http://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=669

Chinese Sausage

Re: NSMC (NeverStop Media Center)
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec '15 - 17:53 »

+1  :)