Author Topic: Extended Module Player Library (libXMP) plugin for XMPlay  (Read 28901 times)

bauxite69

v1.0.25, 2018-06-29
  added configuration setting to toggle support for libXMP built-in depackers
  • Arc (.arc): old file archiver and compressor
    ArcFS: Acorn file archiver and compressor
    Bzip2 (.bz2): popular Unix/Linux file compressor
    Compress (.Z): old Unix file compressor
    Gzip (.gz): popular Unix/Linux file compressor
    LHA (.lha): Amiga/DOS file archiver and compressor
    LZX (.lzx): Amiga file archiver and compressor
    MMCMP: Music Module Compressor by Emmanuel Giasson
    MUSE (.j2b): GALAXY Music System compressor by Carlo Vogelsang
    OGGMod (.oxm): OGG-encoded XM modules
    PowerPacker (.pp): Amiga file compressor by Nico Francois
    !Spark: Acorn file archiver and compressor
    S404: Amiga StoneCracker file compressor
    SQSH: Amiga file compressor
    Zip (.zip): popular DOS/Windows file compressor
    xz (.xz): Unix/Linux file compressor

v1.0.24, 2018-04-28
  added samples info to XMPlay's samples info screen
« Last Edit: 30 Jun '18 - 15:30 by bauxite69 »

Patrick

Thnx for update. Great plugin to play OctaMED music with synth (not supported in libopenmpt)

bauxite69

v1.0.26, 2019-01-09
   THE FOLLOWING CHANGES ARE EXPERIMENTAL AND MAY CAUSE PLAYBACK ERRORS.
   The only goal is to allow .S3M (with Adlib instruments) and Adlib formats (.AMD, .HSC and .RAD) files to be tested.
    re-enabled broken synth chip and Adlib emulation (Removed by Claudio Matsuoka from libXMP since version 4.4.0)
    added configuration setting to toggle support for .S3M files with Adlib instruments
    re-enabled (again) Adlib formats .AMD, .HSC and .RAD

deus-ex

Thank you for a new release. No more updates provided for libxmp (required for in_xmp) and xmp.exe?

bauxite69

Thank you for a new release. No more updates provided for libxmp (required for in_xmp) and xmp.exe?

If i update libxmp with these experimental changes, there will be no option in in_xmp and xmp.exe to toggle support for Adlib format and S3M (with Adlib instruments) files. They will playback by default.

What do you think ?

deus-ex

XMP.exe was updated last in July 2016, so it missed out all further updates from v1.0.23 onwards. And LibXMP was updated last in October 2016, missing all further updates from v1.0.24 onwards.

Perhaps you can provide two sets of XMP.exe and LibXMP? One set of XMP.exe and LibXMP updated to the previous v1.0.25, and the other set updated to current v1.0.26. This way we have the freedom to choose, without maneuvering into a dead end due to the experimental nature of the current update.

Btw, I overhauled the file Formats.txt a little to improve the readability. I send you a PM, please feel free to use it or not as you see fit.

saga

For xmp.exe it doesn't really make a lot of sense to have this option, anyway? As it's not a plugin to anything else, the user chooses which files the want to play with it anyway.

bauxite69

XMP.exe was updated last in July 2016, so it missed out all further updates from v1.0.23 onwards. And LibXMP was updated last in October 2016, missing all further updates from v1.0.24 onwards.

Perhaps you can provide two sets of XMP.exe and LibXMP? One set of XMP.exe and LibXMP updated to the previous v1.0.25, and the other set updated to current v1.0.26. This way we have the freedom to choose, without maneuvering into a dead end due to the experimental nature of the current update.

Btw, I overhauled the file Formats.txt a little to improve the readability. I send you a PM, please feel free to use it or not as you see fit.

Thanks ! I'll include the new formats.txt in the next release.

libxmp.dll 4.4.1 is the latest version.
Since version 1.0.23 of xmp-libxmp, updates are only related to plugin features.

Instead of updating in_xmp.dll with the same features of xmp-libxmp (too much work :D), i'll provide a new libxmp.dll 4.4.1 Adlib.
No need to update xmp.exe

Is it good enough for everyone ?

deus-ex

Yes, that sounds reasonable. Thank you.