Author Topic: Global key mapping...  (Read 4655 times)

balakrishnan

Global key mapping...
« on: 20 Nov '02 - 07:29 »
Hi,
I'm new user to XMPlay and it is good.
I like very much the feature of global key mappings.
However, I would like more features accessible through
global key mappings like volume increase/decrease, etc.
Is there any plan for providing those features.

Thanks for a nice player.

Balakrishnan.

Fraggie

Re: Global key mapping...
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov '02 - 17:12 »
And sub-song change!!

(This is SO cool.)

Brightguy

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov '02 - 20:20 »
About the new sub song option... I seem to have a few weird mods...

First, I have a few that display 0:00 as their length for sub song #2.  When XMPlay reaches the end of sub song #1, it'll play for about 1 second and then quit.  With looping enabled, it'll just play that 1 second over and over again.

Second, I have one mod that has 12 seconds listed as its length for sub song #2.  XMPlay will play only about 4 seconds of that... and with loop on, it'll play the same 1 second again and again.

Finally, I have a mod with 6 sub songs, and if I drag the position slider starting from the beginning, here are the numbers that get displayed for the sub songs (in order):
1 - 2 - 1 - 3 - 1 - 4 - 1 - 5 - 1 - 6
If I let go on a 1, then it restarts from the first sub song.  (This also happens if you let go from the very end of the first sub song.)

Olego

Subsongs
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov '02 - 22:45 »
Brightguy,

Can you send me a MOD with subsongs?  I don't think I know what they are...  Thanks.

~Olego~

Zarggg

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov '02 - 23:13 »
Indeed.  I've never seen one, even thogh i know what they are.

Ralesk

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov '02 - 08:23 »
Most Unreal and Unreal Return To Na Pali modules are multisong modules.

The idea is to make several different and (usually) separate loops by the use of Bxx command.

Hub3.s3m has three subsongs:
000->B03: 003..022->B04 (Michiel messed up, a B03 would have been better here)
001->B17: 023..033->B01 (I don't remember hearing this on SunSpire.unr)
002->B22: 034..049->B02 (The song inside the SunSpire)

DigSh.s3m:
000->B03: 003..025->B00 (Depths of Rrajigar)
001->B1A: 026..044->B1C (Rrajigar Mine, action theme)
002->B2D: 045..051->B02 (Rrajigar Mine, ambient theme)

Just two examples.  Some old MOD files weren't so careful with this, and didn't put the subsong starts to the beginning of the order list.  One of the pinball games' MOD files has like a million subsongs all over the song.  I think I've even sent that file to you, Oleg ^^;
« Last Edit: 21 Nov '02 - 08:24 by Ralesk »

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 22 Nov '02 - 14:38 »
Regarding more global hotkeys... yep, there most likely will be more in future :)

I didn't want to go overboard with the global hotkeys (ie. give everything a hotkey), so initially just replicated the tray right-click options. Requests/suggestions for other options to have a hotkey are welcome.

Olego

Global key mapping!
« Reply #7 on: 23 Nov '02 - 08:47 »
Ian!  Thank you so much for this feature, it's proved invaluable.  With every update, you make XMPlay a better music player.  I greatly appreciate your work.  Keep it up, and thanks.  :)

~Olego~

Olego

Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: 23 Nov '02 - 09:41 »
Anyways, my suggestions, in my order of preference from most to least, are:

Volume up and down
Song fast forward and rewind
Restore from system tray
Amplification up and down

And have Esc. close an info window, maybe?  And multiple selection, maybe?  *puppy dog eyes*

Also, how come it's impossible to assign Alt-Ctrl-Shift-Pause?  And how come Pause is 0x13, but Alt-Ctrl-Pause is 0x3?  And how come if I assign the buttons something as trivial as spacebar, it's actually going to steal those, so I can't do any of the windows functions like Alt+F4?  (I think it's REALLY REALLY cool!  ;D)  And how come I can't map Ctrl+Alt+Del?  (*snicker*)  My real question is only about Pause, 'cause I would like to have all of my shortcuts be Ctrl+Alt+Shift for least interference, but it doesn't work with it.

~Olego~

Retro

Re: Global key mapping!
« Reply #9 on: 23 Nov '02 - 10:31 »

Ian!  Thank you so much for this feature, it's proved invaluable.  With every update, you make XMPlay a better music player.  I greatly appreciate your work.  Keep it up, and thanks.  :)

I completely agree with this. Xmplay is just great and still getting better. Ian for president!  ;)

As Olego said, Esc for close info window would be great, I think. :)

Olego

Pause
« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec '02 - 11:05 »
Question for you guys...  Is anyone else having problem mapping Pause with Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Pause?  The key sequence is not recognized on at least 2 WinXP systems I've used, don't know about my 2K/ME setup yet.  Any info appreciated...  -> Happens only with Pause, i.e. I can do Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Scroll Lock, etc...  Please help!

~Olego~

Irrational86

« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec '02 - 19:26 »
I tried the Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Pause...it works OK...am using Win2k..and a standard keyboard..

Aramir

« Reply #12 on: 16 Dec '02 - 09:55 »
Is it possible to use "Win" key as modifier? Not only ctrl/shift/alt?

Zarggg

« Reply #13 on: 16 Dec '02 - 16:20 »
I don't think so... I believe it's reserved by Windows, but I'm not sure...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec '02 - 17:18 »
The "win" key is supported internally, but it's not enabled in the hotkey setup dialog... I'll enable it for the next update :)