Author Topic: doesn't save settings  (Read 3100 times)

ilmcuts

doesn't save settings
« on: 28 Nov '02 - 07:58 »
Whenever I start up XMPlay (2.5) on a non-admin account, it reports "no file loaded", even though xmplay.pls exists and was written last time the same user used xmplay. It also doesn't save my settings in the "device setup" tab, once again unless I'm an using an admin account. (btw, the first time I dl'ed and ran XMPlay I was using an admin account...) Is that a bug or is it by design?

Ralesk

Re: doesn't save settings
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov '02 - 14:56 »
I guess you don't have write access to Program Files\ in your non-admin account?  We could somehow get around that by saving them to Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data (NT) or to WINDOWS\Profiles\%USER%\whatever (9x).

ilmcuts

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov '02 - 18:23 »
Sorry that I didn't write this in my original email, but I enabled full access for the non-admin account to the \program files\xmplay directory; though it does NOT have full access to \program files... I wonder if that's the problem; I'll check in a few hours and post back with the result :)

ilmcuts

« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec '02 - 17:22 »
Well duh... now that makes me look stupid. Looks like I typed the message but never hit the "post" button. And I was wondering why no one replied but only checked in the forum view without clicking the thread =P
Anywho, I gave the Power User group full control over the Program Files directory and all subfolders but still no luck. xmplay.pls does exist but no file is being loaded. If I delete xmplay.pls and load a few songs xmplay.pls is also NOT recreated.
On the admin account xmplay correctly saves all settings and even loads them next time. On the non-admin account, it always loads the default settings and doesn't seem to save any changes.

~Olego~

Settings
« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec '02 - 04:14 »
Hey,

Yes, I see the benefit of saving settings.  Considering that I am elsewhere, I can't save the settings--and I would like to.  So I am waiting eagerly for 2.5a.  :)

~Olego~

f_x

« Reply #5 on: 9 Dec '02 - 12:25 »
I have the same problem with the 2.5 Version. I have seen that configuration is saved in the registry in HKLM\Software. I think the problem is solved if it will be written in HKCU\Software.

Thanks in advance.
f_x

ilmcuts

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec '02 - 07:40 »

I have the same problem with the 2.5 Version. I have seen that configuration is saved in the registry in HKLM\Software. I think the problem is solved if it will be written in HKCU\Software.

Hmm, that makes sense. Any chance that this is changed in future versions of XMPlay? It's the only thing that's keeping me from using in 24/7 really.

ilmcuts

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec '02 - 07:44 »
doh, I'm sorry. I was looking for a changelog of 2.5a before but for some reason only found it today. Ignore me.