Author Topic: Windows Phone Port Still Being Worked On?  (Read 1367 times)

goobliata

Windows Phone Port Still Being Worked On?
« on: 6 Oct '14 - 23:00 »
Saw some messages about a Windows Phone port. I was wondering if that's still being worked on and if you have an estimate on when it would be ready? Thanks.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Re: Windows Phone Port Still Being Worked On?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct '14 - 14:00 »
There was some progress fairly recently, but the most Windows Store/Runtime-specific stuff still needs to be implemented; that's multi-threading stuff, soundcard interfacing stuff, and internet stuff. If you or anyone else would like to have a version that only has the "no sound" device (ie. only decoding channels) and no internet streaming, I can probably provide that now. Otherwise, I think it's unlikely that a full port will be available before 2015.

goobliata

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct '14 - 02:30 »
Does bassmidi work at all? If so yes, if not then I'll wait.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct '14 - 14:40 »
No add-ons have been ported yet, but generally speaking, they have much less platform-dependent code and are much simpler to port than BASS itself. Some BASSMIDI features do require creating threads though, which is one of the things that hasn't been implemented yet (Window Store/Runtime doesn't have traditional threads), but if you don't need those features, then I think it should be possible to get a BASSMIDI port ready fairly quickly. The features that require threads are asynchronous sample loading (see BASS_ATTRIB_MIDI_CPU) and compacting (see BASS_CONFIG_MIDI_COMPACT). The MIDI input stuff (BASS_MIDI_InInit/etc) is also platform-dependent.

goobliata

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct '14 - 19:37 »
I use BASS_SetConfig(BASS_CONFIG_MIDI_COMPACT, FALSE); but I think that's the default right? I think I was compacting them but turned it off due to a delay or something like that. I don't use any of the other features mentioned.

Anyway I don't know if I'm going to need it yet as Windows Phone is a crowdfunding stretch goal for me.

koshkosh

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct '14 - 18:07 »
There was some progress fairly recently, but the most Windows Store/Runtime-specific stuff still needs to be implemented; that's multi-threading stuff, soundcard interfacing stuff, and internet stuff. If you or anyone else would like to have a version that only has the "no sound" device (ie. only decoding channels) and no internet streaming, I can probably provide that now. Otherwise, I think it's unlikely that a full port will be available before 2015.

Hi Ian

I would love to test out what you have so far. Any chance I can get a hold of your latest dll?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct '14 - 15:15 »
Sure, I'll send it over.

k8

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jul '15 - 16:00 »
Is the windows phone port still being worked on or is it ready?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul '15 - 16:55 »
The port is still being worked on (intermittently). It is basically still limited to the "no sound" device and decoding channels at the moment, but there has been a bit of progress on implementing playback support recently, so I'm hopeful that there will be something ready to try in the not too distant future. If you happen to only need BASS for decoding purposes, then I can send something now.