Author Topic: OSX application app store validation failed due to Bass  (Read 2626 times)

Ckouta

Hi,

After archiving an application for the mac app store, I'm getting the following error from the validation step:

Couldn't find platform family in info.plist CFBundleSupportedPlatform or Match-O LC_VERSION_MIN for libbass.dylib

Any ideas?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Have you removed the PowerPC architecture from the BASS library? If not, please try that. You can use the Makefile included in the BASS package to do it; running "make intel" will put an Intel-only library in an "intel" sub-directory.

Ckouta

Just try it but that didn't work. I'm getting the same error.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Are you using the Xcode 7 beta? It looks like that isn't compatible with libraries that were built by GCC 4.2 (which is what the BASS libraries are built with to maintain PowerPC compatibility) because it doesn't add a LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX load command. I'll try to find a way around that. In the meantime, here's a BASS library (mp3-free version) without PowerPC support for you to try, which was built by a more recent compiler that does add LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX.

www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass-osx-noppc.zip

Ckouta

Yeah, I'm using the last release of Xcode 7 (not beta anymore).
I will try this BASS version, thanks!

Ckouta

Sadly, it's not working either :(
Always the same errors during the validation steps...

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
That's strange. I just tried validating a little test app with it and that was successful. Are you sure the updated LIBBASS.DYLIB file is being used by Xcode, eg. do you see it in the built app?

Ckouta

My bad, I read it too fast, I'm getting the error not for libbass but for bass_fx. I think, I will probably have it for libbassmix too.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
OK, I have added a LIBBASSMIX.DYLIB build to the package above. I will ask the BASS_FX developer about an update of that too.

Ckouta

Thanks, let me know once that done!

Ckouta

Any news from the bass_fx developer?

Dave 15

Is it possible to add it to the libbassflac.dylib too pretty please?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
A BASS_FX update isn't available yet, but a BASSFLAC update has been added to the package above.

Dave 15

Thanks for the FLAC, really nice!

Ckouta

A BASS_FX update isn't available yet, but a BASSFLAC update has been added to the package above.

What is the status about BASS_FX? Any news about it?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
It should be available soon.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator

Ckouta

Thanks!

Oleg N

Looks like XCode 6 doesn't have this Appstore submit problem
« Last Edit: 23 Nov '15 - 14:37 by Oleg N »

pzs7602

I'm meeting the same problem when using libbassdsd.dylib in Mac project, is there a updated libbassdsd.dylib? thanks!

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
An updated BASSDSD build has now been added to the package above.

Oleg N

Ian, can You do the same (adding LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX flag) with bassmix & bassfx dylib binaries? XCode 6 seems to be deprecated soon.

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
Updated BASSmix and BASS_FX builds including the LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX settings are available here:

www.un4seen.com/stuff/libbassmix.dylib
   www.un4seen.com/files/z/0/libbass_fx.dylib

It is indeed about time that the release version on the BASS page included that stuff. I will look into having that up shortly.

Oleg N

Thank You, this indeed helps a lot!