Author Topic: Mosaic (tile) XMPlay windows mode  (Read 2095 times)

bloke

Mosaic (tile) XMPlay windows mode
« on: 14 Aug '02 - 11:33 »
Suggestion:
Optional mosaic (tile) XMPlay windows arrangement - all currently selected windows i.e. sample text, message, visualizations (multiple vis plugins at the same time - yeahh), extended playlist, general info, main window, etc. visible simultaneously on the screen

Zarggg

Re: Mosaic (tile) XMPlay windows mode
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug '02 - 15:59 »
I've been doing some thinking, and I think that XMPlay's compactness is one of its best features.  Compare that to Winamp, which can easily take the entire vertical dimension of your screen resolution, and about 1/3 of the horizontal.

Making six or seven windows covering more than 20% of screen size can get a bit cluttered.  Right now, I just have the player window in mini-mode up in the top right corner, and the vis window (with voiceprint) in the top left corner, whenever I feel like looking up from whatever I'm doing.

In short, I don't need to have 10 XMPlay windows everywhere at once.  I can just click on General, Message, Samples, Vis., whenenever I feel like it.

Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: 17 Aug '02 - 16:00 by Zarggg »

Keltic Danor

• XMPlay Support
Re: Mosaic (tile) XMPlay windows mode
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug '02 - 16:11 »

I've been doing some thinking, and I think that XMPlay's compactness is one of its best features.  Compare that to Winamp, which can easily take the entire vertical dimension of your screen resolution, and about 1/3 of the horizontal.

Making six or seven windows covering more than 20% of screen size can get a bit cluttered.  Right now, I just have the player window in mini-mode up in the top right corner, and the vis window (with voiceprint) in the top left corner, whenever I feel like looking up from whatever I'm doing.

In short, I don't need to have 10 XMPlay windows everywhere at once.  I can just click on General, Message, Samples, Vis., whenenever I feel like it.

Just my thoughts.

Then we're both on the same page alpha ;)