Author Topic: Extended playlist causing XMplay to freeze?  (Read 637 times)

organic io

Hey guys! I noticed a bug or problem with XMplay. It happens in both 3.8.1.12 and 3.8.2

This is on Windows 7 64 bit.

The setup is like this: I've got just the main window and the playlist editor open. I've got some songs loaded in the playlist editor. I close XMplay.

Then when I try to load more songs from explorer (in my case Multi Commander), instead of opening XMplay and replacing the playlist with them and starting to play them, it just freezes up and doesn't load the new songs.. Instead it still shows the old playlist from before I closed it and just doesn't do anything.

Even stranger, is if I then hit the "open files" button, it starts to play the song(s) that I chose out of Multi Commander.

I tried different settings to see if I could fix the problem, but I couldn't. The only thing I could figure out is that it's related to the extended playlist. When the extended playlist is closed, then xmplay starts right up and plays the desired songs when I load them from Multi Commander.

Any ideas what is wrong? It only started a few days ago and I'm not sure what I changed.

Thanks!

organic io

Re: Extended playlist causing XMplay to freeze?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb '16 - 17:43 »
Oh man I just figured it out!

This has got to be a bug report because I can't imagine this is intentional behavior...

In the upper right corner of the playlist editor, there is a little button called "Auto resize".

When the button is up, the program behaves just fine and lets me load songs when I close and load them from Multi Commander, but when the button is down, that's when XMPlay freezes when I load it.

Important to note: XMPlay doesn't freeze as in become unresponsive. You can still get to the menu. It just, doesn't play the song it's supposed to play. It's really weird.

organic io

« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb '16 - 17:44 »
Also of note, I've got my DPI settings in Windows to 150%. I wonder if that's affecting the resize or something like that?

Ian @ un4seen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb '16 - 16:31 »
That sounds strange. Just to be clear, when you say the "Auto resize" option is "down", do you mean it is enabled or disable? Also, to confirm whether it is related to the 150% DPI setting, does switching back to 100% prevent the problem? If you haven't already done so, please also try some other XMPlay skins and see whether the problem happens with all of them.

organic io

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb '16 - 06:36 »
That sounds strange. Just to be clear, when you say the "Auto resize" option is "down", do you mean it is enabled or disable?

That's a good question, and I'm honestly not sure. This was with the WAModern Copper skin, the button looks like this:
http://imgur.com/0H4HVhQ
(That's in the "up" position).

But I switched to the default skin, and when the button was "up", the auto resize is grayed out, which appears to be disabled. When it is "down", the auto resize is solid, so it appears to be enabled.

Also, to confirm whether it is related to the 150% DPI setting, does switching back to 100% prevent the problem? If you haven't already done so, please also try some other XMPlay skins and see whether the problem happens with all of them.

Well, this is crazy. I switched to 100% DPI and the problem didn't happen. Then I came back to 150 and it didn't happen either.

I can't duplicate the problem anymore!